Difference between Primary Institution GPA on Right side and Overall on left!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultimateballer07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your GPA is based on an average made of all courses taken at all institutions. Your overall is a 3.5.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not seen like that. Theyll see your 23 and go nice job. Then theyll look at your gpa, oh 3.5. Ok so messed up a bit at his first place now he went to this other school and got a 3.7. Any upward trend, etc,e etc

That might be a stretch but I got into both of my reach schools so anything can happen

Do they absolutely want 3.8+ AND 22+ ? I mean I have the DAT score and multiple publications so I'm hoping that'll at least get me an interview

A lot of people with those stats don't even get an interview, so your chances aren't good. But, who knows, crazier things have happened. What the other guy said about how adcom will evaluate your academics is absolutely correct.

Correct as in, it's a good thing? Only reason I'm at a 3.5 and not a 3.7 is because of college credit courses taken in high school

As in what he told you is right, how else would you define "correct"? Maybe you shouldn't have have taken college courses in high school when you weren't ready. Nothing you can do about it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha you're a clown who wants to make people feel bad over the internet. You're an applicant as I am. You probably don't have as high a DAT score or as much research experience so you like to pick on some small flaw I might have on my application. Good luck bud. I hope your snarky demeanor isn't exposed at any interview, should you get any.

I'm not an applicant. I'm starting school in the fall. Don't get mad at people for telling you the truth that you don't want to hear. Those classes you took in high school negatively affected your GPA. Nothing you can do about it now and all the lashing out and refusal to believe that those classes don't really matter won't change the fact that they do. I hope you react better when interviewers ask you some hard questions you didn't expect.

Why do you lurk on SDN commenting on every single thread in the pre-dental forum? I've seen your name everywhere. Don't you have something better to do?

No, most people just fool around before entering school doing whatever they find fun. I enjoy talking/writing.

Lol everything he told you is correct, why get so offended that he simply pointed out the fact you did indeed blow it with your dual credit classes. Even if you get a Harvard interview, you sound like youll off-put the interviewers.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I get that but you just attacked someone trying to help you for no reason. Good luck on your 2015 friendship goals.

Strangers that tried helping you with your question when they didnt have too. Havent you ever heard of judging a date based on how they treat waiters/staff? Either way you have your answers.

OP, I want to go there's response might've come across as a little harsh, but it's a reality. Your DAT score sounds great, and your GPA is okay. The fact that you have publications is great too, but there's no guarantee you'll get an interview. I knew a girl with a 3.9 GPA, 23 AA DAT score with tons of shadowing hours (back when shadowing hours weren't mandatory or 100+ as they are now), and it took her two cycles to get an interview. Nobody's saying you won't get an interview but nobody's saying you will either. With those stats, you're more likely going to get them instead of not. But as the previous posters told you, don't stress about things you can't change.

It's a stressful time for all applicants but let's not all make it a harder process by attacking each other or being harsh/discouraging. :)

@kayden28 yeah I know what you're saying I just lost my cool. I just want adcoms to see that I only slipped up early on then was able to achieve a 3.7 at one of the most rigorous programs nationwide. I don't want to go into the application cycle thinking that I'm in a hole or anything

@kayden28 yeah I know what you're saying I just lost my cool. I just want adcoms to see that I only slipped up early on then was able to achieve a 3.7 at one of the most rigorous programs nationwide. I don't want to go into the application cycle thinking that I'm in a hole or anything

I'm sure that if they want to see where your GPA slipped up, they'll see that it's not recent. Tons of people with lower GPAs end up getting accepted as long as there's a solid explanation and you've shown an upward trend. Check out the under 3.0 GPA thread. Good luck!! :)