Different dates for deciding to Accept?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mkanto93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I’m in a pickle. I applied to both PTCAS programs and those that don’t use the platform. The PTCAS deadline to accept is Jan 15th, and I have an interview for the 3rd of January. I just found out a school not using PTCAS wants my decision by January 1st. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! So that means that we should hear back from all schools we have applied to by January 15th if they are in the PTCAS system?

Honestly I would contact the school that wants you to decide January 1st and let them know that you are using the PTCAS system as well and if you could have an extension until January 15th to give them an answer. Does not hurt to ask and I'm sure there are plenty of other students in your situation.

It seems like you've already been accepted to a few. If that's the case, Make a spreadsheet of the pros and cons of each school and why you want to go to each one to make the decision easier