Nov 19, 2009
Status
Hi guys, I'm a senior in high school and need your help on making a decision. I got accepted to MCPHS-boston, USP, and UConn. Right now I'm leaning towards boston but I want to know what current students think about each program. I also don't want a school that's too hard. My ACT is 32 and GPA is 3.6 if that helps. Thanks alot...

eekOMG

7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
Virginia
Status
Pharmacist
I don't go to any of those schools, but I suggest going to a brand name school. It helps more than you think.

GJLaw

5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2010
New Jersey
Status
Pharmacist
Hi guys, I'm a senior in high school and need your help on making a decision. I got accepted to MCPHS-boston, USP, and UConn. Right now I'm leaning towards boston but I want to know what current students think about each program. I also don't want a school that's too hard. My ACT is 32 and GPA is 3.6 if that helps. Thanks alot...
Too hard? I don't really think any of the courses you are taking will be cakewalks anywhere haha :D

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
UConn!!!! Forget mcphs!!!!

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
You want to be a Pharmacist but you want the school to be easy???

You ever consider truck driving school? I hear that's pretty easy. Lots of time to kick back on the weekends and drink beer and party with your homies.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't go to any of those schools, but I suggest going to a brand name school. It helps more than you think.
No offense, but this is terrible advice. The school's name means nothing if grades aren't up to snuff. A 4.0 at Average Joe's University >>>>>>>>> a 3.0 at Harvard.

OP, you are sadly mistaken if you expect pre-pharm and pharm school to be easy. You get back what you put in. No matter what school you attend, you will have to work hard to get where you want to go. That being said, go to whichever school you like the best.

Sine Cura

10 seconds or less
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
OP: you may already know this, but UConn's program is no longer 0-6 but is 2+4.

If you were to go to UConn, in the second year of "pre-pharmacy studies" you would still have to do PharmCAS, take the PCAT, etc., etc., like a normal pharmacy school applicant would. Also, the entering P1 class size at UConn (2008) per AACP was 100.

If you want to know what current students think, the search option may help.

Nov 19, 2009
Status
alright, i guess i shouldn't have said anything about being "easy". I actually meant which school doesn't have like a bad graduation rate/reputation for being extremely hard. But that doesn't matter I guess, as all the schools will be hard. Anyways, why is everyone hating on MCPHS on these forums? What's the cons of that place? I was also thinking about SUNY Buffalo but I heard it was pretty unsafe.

eekOMG

7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
Virginia
Status
Pharmacist
No offense, but this is terrible advice. The school's name means nothing if grades aren't up to snuff. A 4.0 at Average Joe's University >>>>>>>>> a 3.0 at Harvard.

OP, you are sadly mistaken if you expect pre-pharm and pharm school to be easy. You get back what you put in. No matter what school you attend, you will have to work hard to get where you want to go. That being said, go to whichever school you like the best.
That is not my personal experience. :)