Help!! Trying to make a decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving how yall are telling me to calm down after I schooled you on how indies make money and falsified your claims... lol.

Dunno about what you said but John Oliver said all you guys are crooks!! <sort of sarcasm>

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone can give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. So I recently I went on an interview for a pharmacy school in NY and today I just heard back from the school that I was put on the waitlist. It is a little disappointing especially because this school was my first choice. Another school that I went in for an interview also notified me today, I was accepted into this particular school and it's in my home state. On the downside, the school is Candidate status and does not qualify for federal loans as for now, which means I would need to take out private student loans. The school that I was accepted into, gave me two weeks to decide and to put down a deposit to hold my spot. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity but I honestly do not know what to do. I don't know if I should give up my spot and pray/hope that I get into the school that I was waitlisted or just put down the $500 deposit to secure my spot.
Hell no. Do not, under any circumstance barring 100% free school + a living stiped, go to a candidate status school. Stay on the waitlist but work hard on your plan B. This is the universe guiding you, it is not a difficult decision at all. You may not like the choice but it isn't a difficult choice. If your school doesn't get accredited, which does happen, you will be SOL. And these new schools are crappy, don't have good rotation placement and are contributing to the problem of oversaturation. I've been in pharmacy since 1996. I have a great job in a lucrative sector. I have nothing to gain by warning you except better sleep knowing I tried.

Reactions: 1 users
Hell no. Do not, under any circumstance barring 100% free school + a living stiped, go to a candidate status school. Stay on the waitlist but work hard on your plan B. This is the universe guiding you, it is not a difficult decision at all. You may not like the choice but it isn't a difficult choice. If your school doesn't get accredited, which does happen, you will be SOL. And these new schools are crappy, don't have good rotation placement and are contributing to the problem of oversaturation. I've been in pharmacy since 1996. I have a great job in a lucrative sector. I have nothing to gain by warning you except better sleep knowing I tried.

Honestly I wouldn't even go there if it was free. You're giving up 4 years of opportunity cost for a dying profession and you may not even get licensed. Terrible.

Members don't see this ad :)
The current acceptance rate to pharmacy schools is 83.9%, with 140 accredited choices, hopefully, you can find a second school that gives you the protection of federal loans. Amazing how smart people can make such poor financial choices.

Amazing how smart people can make such poor financial choices.

It also takes a few hunudred pharmacists who are willing to lie to students also. Let us not forget that these professors who are pharmacists, are also outright lying to students knowing that these is no job market. Hell, these same professors are only doing it for the money since they don't have anywhere else to go too. It is a dog eat dog world in pharmacy, always has been and always will be.

Never call a pharmacists a doctor, they don't deserve the respect.

It also takes a few hunudred pharmacists who are willing to lie to students also. Let us not forget that these professors who are pharmacists, are also outright lying to students knowing that these is no job market. Hell, these same professors are only doing it for the money since they don't have anywhere else to go too. It is a dog eat dog world in pharmacy, always has been and always will be.

Never call a pharmacists a doctor, they don't deserve the respect.

Whoa whoa whoa… I wouldn't go as far as saying we don't deserve respect... I agree with you that we shouldn't be called doctors but we do our part to deserve some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.