Digital camera at my slit lamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdneale

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could attach a digital camera to my slit lamp in my exam room. This would save me a lot of time documenting corneal ulcers, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I wrote the digital photography article in 2005 when the camera I used was a good camera. The most recent models in the Powershot series are excellent for slit lamp photography. I use a SD790 now.

It is a great article and I refer to it often to take pictuers. Your article inspired me to buy a sony cybershot W120 (tiny) recently to carry around in my white coat pocket (my *real* camera weighs 2.5lbs) and I take pictuers and videos of everything! Thanks! :thumbup:

quick question...do u guys have a consent form for taking pictures of patients?

quick question...do u guys have a consent form for taking pictures of patients?

If full face, yes.

If full face and you will block out identity, then I don't. I just get a verbal consent.

If only eye, then no.

Consent is needed when the patient can be identified from the photo if used for publication.

If full face, yes.

If full face and you will block out identity, then I don't. I just get a verbal consent.

If only eye, then no.

Consent is needed when the patient can be identified from the photo if used for publication.

Good to know. Do you have a reference for this info? Thanks!