digital camera

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shredhog65

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
andrew,

i know you've posted this before, but could you please tell me the link again for how to set up your camera for slit lamp photos? (i have a cannon s410)

also, do these settings make external photos look bad?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

shredhog65 said:
andrew,

i know you've posted this before, but could you please tell me the link again for how to set up your camera for slit lamp photos? (i have a cannon s410)

also, do these settings make external photos look bad?

thanks!

Settings work well for external photos too. You may or may not need flash photography. Here is the link for the S230, but the S410 is very similar:

http://webeye.ophth.uiowa.edu/eyeforum/digital.htm

Also set your ISO setting to AUTO.

Good luck!

thanks andrew!

does the s410 have slightly different terminology? (i think AiAF is just called AF in the s410).

I'll try to take some pictures in clinic tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
shredhog65 said:
thanks andrew!

does the s410 have slightly different terminology? (i think AiAF is just called AF in the s410).

I'll try to take some pictures in clinic tomorrow.

Terminology is the same. AF is the Focus Assist light. You can have that on. I've never tried it off, but should work b/c you're using the light from the slit lamp. AF is useful for face or quarter face shots.

The AiAF needs to be OFF because you want 'center focus'. That is, you want a box in the center where things will be in focused the most. I found that the AiAF may decide to make the iris plane in focus rather than the corneal ucler you're trying to take a picture of. The AiAF is explained here:

http://www.canon.ca/digitalphotography/english/ctech_article.asp?id=64&tid=6

anyone know how to do the same for lets say the NIKON COOLPIX 4200?