Digital Stethoscope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtle md

Hardware Included
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All my years of listening to loud music have begun to catch up with me :eek: Can anybody recommend a good digital stethoscope for amplifying sounds?

Members don't see this ad.

androscope by andromed. Its only like 150 bucks (maybe less now) and it freakin awesome. takes some getting used to, but once you do you'll love it.
goose

turtle said:
All my years of listening to loud music have begun to catch up with me :eek: Can anybody recommend a good digital stethoscope for amplifying sounds?

I tried the Littmann´s digital stethoscope once, and noticed that not only it amplified the heart sounds, but also all sounds -- including the environment's. That made the auscultation quite noisy and unclear. Regardless of the brand of digital stethoscope u buy, I recommend you try them first to make sure you like it.

P.S.: I ended up buying a Littmann Master Cardiology instead and love it.

:D

Hb

I totally agree with the above. The digital stethoscopes amplify all the sounds and not just the heart. It is actually very difficult to concentrate only on the heart sounds. I have the Littmann Carddiology III and its excellent.

like I said, takes some getting used to, but once you do youll be running circles around those sissy litman cardiology stethescopes :laugh: