directions to finch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btchance

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at Finch later this month and am wondering what the best way to get from Midway Airport up to the school is the afternoon before. (and I'm from a rural area and have never used public transport before, so I'm wanting the simplest way possible) Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

There isn't really a good way to get there. Midway is 1/2 hour south of the city and Finch is 45 min. north of the city. A cab would be so outragously expensive. I know you can easily take the train (orange line) to downtown from Midway, but I don't know how to get up to Finch from there. I know when I interviewed there some people took the Metra (another train) from down town. Go to http://www.transitchicago.com/ and click on "trip planner". You can enter your staring location and destination and it will tell you how to get there on public transportation. And don't worry, public transportation is easy in Chicago and safe :)

(Also maybe try calling the admissions office. They are really nice and can probably give you a suggestion)

rent a car off priceline. it's pretty cheap.