Disadvantage Status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexvitzthum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a quick question about whether or not I should declare yes or no in the disadvantage section of my application. I have managed to pay my way through college without the assistance of my parents. I also was diagnosed with cancer last semester and managed to finish my course work while going through chemotherapy.

Members don't see this ad.

I've got a quick question about whether or not I should declare yes or no in the disadvantage section of my application. I have managed to pay my way through college without the assistance of my parents. I also was diagnosed with cancer last semester and managed to finish my course work while going through chemotherapy.

That's rough. But I wouldn't really call that disadvantaged status on an application. That's more of something that happened in college and you pulled through it. Great story though.

And tons of people pay their way through college without mom and dad's help. It's not disadvantaged status for sure..