disciplinary action in high school question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheesecake88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So they ask about disciplinary action and I called the school and they said yes, high school does count.

So here is what happened in a nutshell. At the end of the semester, we turned in a folder with all of our graded exams and hw and handouts. We get a grade on this, not a big deal. Just one of those stupid HS way of getting us students to keep all of our papers.

So I had an exam that had a different font than the other exams. The teacher accused me of forgery. (remember, this exam was already graded. These are graded exams that we store in our folders). of course, I said I did no such thing and I have no idea what she was talking about.

So a big thing, meeting with principle, meeting with school board for appeal, even considering getting a lawyer, the Office of Education Civil even got involved, ect.

in the end, I got suspended for 10 days, but my grades during those 10 days wasn't a zero, i just had to make up any work that I missed ( usually the work you missed while suspended is a zero)

I got into some great colleges and decided to not pursue the matter anymore. The school somehow "lost" the forged exam, and will not talk to me or my family. In fact, another students exam was found to have the same font, indicating a printing error. but the case was never opened and they said if I want, I can take it up to the civil courts. Well I couldn't afford a lawyer and the ones I talked to advised me to just go to college and forget it because going against the public school district is a waste of time since they are protected from a bunch of special laws.

But now to the present, how do I explain all this? I don't want to sound too long winded, but on the other hand, I know you are supposed to say you have matured and learned from this. I didn't really learn anything from this except that sometimes ****ty things happen to you and you can't control it. This isn't like I got into a fight, and got suspended and I clearly broke the rule.

Any advice will be appricated. Also if you're just going to be all self rigious and say " your a cheater u deserve it, blah blah" just don't comment. You have never dealt with the high school level bureaucracy. You don't know the level of racism at my high school in the top positions.

Members don't see this ad.

omg. my msg disappeared.

well, i think your best bet is to mention the event, but not draw focus on what went wrong,
but focus on what you did to improve yourself since HS to become a successful dentist.

Last edited:
If it hasn't been cleared from your record, you shouldn't leave it out from your application. I think there's a description area on AADSAS where you can describe the situation - you can possibly mention the action you were planning to take in the extent of being accused falsely for cheating. However, I doubt it'll have any bearing on admission decisions, although there's a good chance that your interviewer will ask about it - so be prepared to answer it the way you have done on here. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but has anyone ever really been held back from dental school with past problems in high school or college? This case sounds like something that will be dismissed hopefully by the dental schools the OP is applying to; but has there been anyone on the forum who has actually gotten feedback that their past x-experience has kept them from being accepted?

edit: i guess the record would be on file

Last edited: