Disciplinary actions/ napb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYNTO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to go for nursing or other medical professional when there's a prior disciplinary action on your PharmD license?
And how is nursing as an addiction to a PharmD license is it worth the schooling again and the 40k student loans? Already oww 200k from my PharmD schooling

Members don't see this ad.

Alright - let me ask the only real question that people here are interested in (including myself).

What did you get in trouble for? Tell us all the nitty gritty details.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You can still work with a disciplinary action right? A minor one at least?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know multiple RPh's with addiction related displenary actions - some even before they graduated - if you are honest and own up to it and the prescribed help/punishment, you will be OK

edit- I took your typo of addiction meaning your issue was addiction

Last edited:
It depends on what it is. If you made a mistake on a fill, and the patient complained to the board - it will go on your record, but assuming there was no lasting harm, it's no big deal. If the board action was due to you stealing and abusing narcs, that's obviously something else. Although still not necessarily the end of the world, I knew people who went through rehab and returned to practice - but that was back when pharmacists were in shortage.