Question "Discounts"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I became a lifetime donor some 15 years ago, partly expressly to remove ads. However, I now see "Discounts" on the right side of my screen, not on the main page, but when I am in a forum. These discounts have zero relevance to me, and seem very generic, and, that means, to me, that they are ads.

Members don't see this ad.

In the ensuing week, I happened to notice these "discounts" on my phone, but were at the bottom of the page. As I never scroll down that far (or so very rarely), I didn't know that. However, this day, I did notice that they are not there, and, on my home page on my computer, the discounts are also missing. Although no one replied, apparently, something was done, although I have no idea if those discounts just expired, or there was an affirmative change. Thanks.

Edit: but, there they are on the Site Suggestions forum. So, I really don't know now.

In the ensuing week, I happened to notice these "discounts" on my phone, but were at the bottom of the page. As I never scroll down that far (or so very rarely), I didn't know that. However, this day, I did notice that they are not there, and, on my home page on my computer, the discounts are also missing. Although no one replied, apparently, something was done, although I have no idea if those discounts just expired, or there was an affirmative change. Thanks.

Edit: but, there they are on the Site Suggestions forum. So, I really don't know now.
Thanks for the heads-up - those aren't ads, but I can change the settings so donors can't see them.

Reactions: 1 user