Diversity Essay Topic Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gosox1

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm sorry to create another diversity essay help thread but I'm truly at a loss for what to write about for "what diversity do you bring to the class" type prompt.

I'm about one of the most basic applicants there is so finding what is diverse about me has proved very challenging. So far, I have a few ideas on what to write about, but to be honest I'm assuming they all will get shot down on here.

Ideas:
Edited for anonymity

These all feel like pretty weak ideas, but I'm truly at a loss. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure any of these are good diversity topics, but being able to talk about being in the minority at your HS, your passion for chess, and developing an app are all good topics for other essays.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Think about what can you offer to your fellow medical students or what can you offer the patients that clinics affiliated with the medical school serve. Focus on this first and being unique second.
If you wrote a children's book, that's unique, but does not really offer anything to your class or patients.
Writing a children's book to raise awareness on a health topic on the other hand is a bull's eye with the added bonus of being unique.
This is just one example I thought of off the top of my head.
Although, I would say this is what you would be thinking about as far back as your personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users