DMU-COM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news from anyone? It's been two weeks since anyone has posted, so I'm just dying to hear something.

Members don't see this ad.

Not to look like I'm hogging the boards, but they finally put up the financial aid packets online for us to finish. Hooray debt.

I called up there on Monday. She said the committee is just kind of sitting on all of the complete applicants because they are getting down to the end of interviews. It has been 3 weeks now since they received my new mcat score. I am hoping to get a last minute interview, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything? I received the email saying I was complete 4 weeks ago and nothing yet. I was complete back in November, but they were waiting for my new MCAT score.

Edit: They are no longer inviting people for interviews. Just got off the phone with admissions. I thought I would let anyone else who never heard back.

Sent the email to withdraw my spot! Good luck to those who chose to go--it's a great school!

After a long and difficult decision process, I withdrew from DMU yesterday, so hopefully that will open up a spot for someone on the waitlist or who has interviewed recently. Good luck everyone! It's a great school!

It was rough, but I withdrew my spot a few days ago as well. Good luck, guys!

PS. I had a scholarship too..someone should be getting a fun email soon!!

they released ranks this morning.

<--- 2nd quartile. I wonder what is the chance of acceptance from this group.

Word on the street is that the 2012 class is still overfilled by about 30 as of a week and a half ago.

Yeah, mine said top quartile. When will the list start moving?

Anyone make it off the alt list yet?

Anyone make it off the alt list yet?

Last I heard, the class was overbooked by about 10 students. Class roster is finalized as far as I can tell since orientation starts in a few weeks. There may be a couple of people who drop out last minute, but the waitlist did not move this year.

my worst fear is to find out later this month that DMU tells me how they accepted too manys tudnets this year so they have to withdraw my acceptance