DMU hotel/transportation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I am in need of some information regarding where to book a hotel in the city for the upcoming DMU interview. Also do I need to get a rental car or is public transport ok? On a separate note, they do only Friday interviews and I can only fly out Thursday night (from Cali), ok idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Flying out Thursday is fine. The embassy suits will do an airport shuttle and a DMU shuttle for you, along with a really nice breakfast in the morning (made to order omelette bar, etc). It's a bit pricey, but really nice.

I got a rental car from enterprise for DIRT CHEAP. I think the other people took a shuttle from the marriot

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any shuttles that launch from less fancy hotels? :) Also, which would let me check in between 3-7 am in the morning?

This is where I stayed when I interviewed. If I remember correctly, if you call to book and tell them you are interviewing at DMU, they will pick you up from the airport and bring you to the hotel, give you discount for your stay, shuttle you to DMU, give you a voucher for a free taxi ride back to the hotel and then shuttle you back to the airport when you leave. I was very pleased with my stay there. :)

Are there any shuttles that launch from less fancy hotels? :) Also, which would let me check in between 3-7 am in the morning?

You're crazy! You are going to stay up the whole night before your interview/sleep on plane?

If you are a boss like dtrack then you get a personal ride from me.

Cheap hotels will not have amenities like that, as for checking in that early, 3am no but IME 7 is possible if they have the rooms.

I stayed at the holiday inn Mercy campus mostly because I wanted the frequent guest points. They had a shuttle that got you everywhere you needed (2 mile radius is the limit, but they do go to the airport) I did not bother with a car (I usually tipped the driver about 5 per ride though). I think with everything that room was 80 or so using the DMU rate.
The area right around that hotel kind of sucks, but it is a 5 min ride to the court street which has several bars and restaurants.
The breakfast was good, hot buffet and it was free.