DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cremaster2007

Birthday cake remix
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all my fellow DMUer's of the DO class of 07. I decided to start this because I don't feel that the true nature of the beast (medical school) is revealed in all its splendiferous wonder. So feel free to sit back and view, comment, and giggle insanely (D M) at the posts by the inventive members of the DO class of 07!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Are the people who sit in the front really super geniuses???? Or are the self-proclaimed super geniuses in the back the real deal.........I think it is a tough battle but I give it to the back because one member who sits in the far back left. She might as well teach all the classes since she knows everything anways.

cremaster2007 said:
Are the people who sit in the front really super geniuses???? Or are the self-proclaimed super geniuses in the back the real deal.........I think it is a tough battle but I give it to the back because one member who sits in the far back left. She might as well teach all the classes since she knows everything anways.

Dude, that chick's actually a DUDE. Take a closer look. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't stand sitting in front. The most annoying thing is when people answer a rhetorical question where the answer is clearly projected onto the 75 ft. screen in front of them. :rolleyes:

I have to admit that I'm starting to favor the back row these days, it?s a great place form which to make a quick getaway. Well that is when I choose to show up. Yeah that girl in back IS a super geniuses. Let?s also not forget about the super geniuses in the middle of the class. I'm thinking of one cerebral rapper in particular.

If neurologists come in and lecture to us about how we won't need to know tracts unless we are going to be neurologists, should we take that as a big sign that Meetz is going to test us on the most ambiguous ones with least known information about them? Also why does he digress so much and tell us that that isn't actually what it is, or that they don't really know what it is................he needs to tell me what I need to know and leave it at that..............especially since he feels the need to be different from the required text book.

Thank God for the girl in the back or there would probably be about 5 of us failing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

What I am most grateful for the entire year is the live demonstration of the cremasteric reflex as demonstrated by its namesake. It just made neuro all that much fascinating. Thank you, Mr. Cremaster :thumbup:

Probably the most important function of the human body would be the ability of the cremaster muscle. Just fascinating how something so important is so cleverly named.......................

Ah yes, the cremaster. Think of the horrible fate of all your little minions were it not for nature's greatest creation, the cremaster.

luckystar said:
Ah yes, the cremaster. Think of the horrible fate of all your little minions were it not for nature's greatest creation, the cremaster.

HORRIBLE?? I don't know about you nonuts.....but the cremaster is the only thing holding me back from having balls as big as watermelons. I could never react to cold and my sperm count would go through the roof. Then people would call me melonnuts. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Three thumbs up.

Rick James

Smack...............................bang bang..................bang bang

June 24th dmaksimovic till the day of all greatness...................the man the myth the legend Dave Chappelle :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wow:

DMAKSIMOVIC said:
HORRIBLE?? I don't know about you nonuts.....but the cremaster is the only thing holding me back from having balls as big as watermelons. I could never react to cold and my sperm count would go through the roof. Then people would call me melonnuts. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Three thumbs up.

Rick James

Well smartass, maybe we can spend our summer hunting down a dose of Wuchereria so that your nuts can really hang down to your very toes. And yes, I'd be glad to call you melonnuts :p

I make Bryant Gumble look like malcolm X huh...................................

WAyne Brady

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys actually tried the cremasteric reflex? (Lucky...you can disregard this question)....

Its friggin awesome....Mine's got like a 2 second delay, then it looks like there is an animal in the beanbag.....

btw, I feel so lonely sitting near the front of class...and lucky, those rhetorical questions are the only questions I can answer :smuggrin:

I nomminate dmaksimovic as the super text twist CLIT commander (coalition for the Liberation of Interiate Tree dwellers) for his stellar performance this morning during yet another double dose of PD :laugh:

cremaster2007 said:
I nomminate dmaksimovic as the super text twist CLIT commander (coalition for the Liberation of Interiate Tree dwellers) for his stellar performance this morning during yet another double dose of PD :laugh:

yet another accolade to throw on the shelf. I'd like to thank the academy and Tonka for making those trucks when i was a child. Free Shamu.

Rick James

Yes, but DMAKSIMOVIC cheats at fantasy sports. ;)

Dmaksimovic also hits everything he is afraid of......................don't blame him he learned it in the old country...............Who decided to schedule 8 PD lectures in one week, did they just forget about it before or what???

I was just given a talent to whoop punks like you up in all fantasy sports. I'd probably beat you in fantasy curling. King Kong aint got **** on me.

Rick James.

I'm actually hitting you right now. I AM ALL THAT IS MAN.

Rick James

Dr.Dicky said:
Have you guys actually tried the cremasteric reflex? (Lucky...you can disregard this question)....

Its friggin awesome....Mine's got like a 2 second delay, then it looks like there is an animal in the beanbag.....

:laugh: I think I'd giggle if I saw that.

Then DMAK will have to hit me because he's wrong...I am the master of fantasy curling!!

Now I'm going to go play puppy-*****. Later, folks :D

cremaster2007 said:

It's "Itinerant" actually....

Snoogins....

This is only for you SDNers in the class. Also, it is only for in middle section of the class. Not the gunners in the front row or the self proclaimed geniuses of the back. Just you middle area stick to it and get your sh-t done people.

I know that we are all nervous about the cranial nerves so I asked Dr. Meetz what his questions would entail and recieved the following answer...

The format will be some hard questions
asked in a numerical sequence followed by some harder ones, each containing
answers that will be difficult to determine without having done extensive
research in the area particular to each question. Some questions will be
written in binary code (00101101) while others will be asked in the form of
a statement with an implied proper voice inflection at the end to make it a
question, like they do in Spanish. Some questions will be invisible in
order to force you to think hard about cranial nerve nuclei and what
he probably wants you to know, however the answers will be visible to make it fair.
One question will have no right answer and you will automatically lose that point.
You can work with a partner but you will be blindfolded and placed in a separate room
and communication will be strictly via the United Postal Service.

Each question will be worth 1 point, but if you get one wrong you will lose
3 points off your total class grade. If you do poorly and end up with a
negative number for your total points for the class, the remaining negative
points will be subtracted from another class in which you are doing well in,
probably not pathology (wink, wink). In addition, any siblings you have that are enrolled
in a public school within the state of Iowa will also be docked a number of
points equal to the absolute value of the integer of your score if your
point total is below that needed for a 35% on the test after adjusting for
the 3 point/question penalty. Finally, if the circles you fill in on your
bubble sheet do not form the first ever perfect geometric circle (no
protractors will be allowed, but the formula for the area and circumference
of a circle will be given) and if they are not completely filled in black so
that light cannot escape (bubble sheets will be sent to NASA for a
comparison of light absorption in bubble sheet vs. black hole UB371alpha),
then your parents will be taxed according to their next highest income tax
bracket for 2 years (Hawaii and Alaska residents only pay 5%) and your birth
name will be stripped from you and replaced by a 5 digit number which you
will be required to use during all social interactions, both public and
private, for the duration of your professional career (you can choose your
own number!). To reward those of you who study hard and score 102% or more,
you will be given a bag of poo that you can stick your already brown nose in.

Hang in there, the year is almost over,

Cuthbert

PS: I asked Dr. Dyche what he would cover on the test and he gave me his usual "you are the biggest dumb a-- I've ever seen" look. I hate that look. Dicky, you know what I mean. It's all your fault.

Cuthbert said:
This is only for you SDNers in the class. Also, it is only for in middle section of the class. Not the gunners in the front row or the self proclaimed geniuses of the back. Just you middle area stick to it and get your sh-t done people.

And when Meetz answered your question, did he have to send it via 8 different emails, with each subsequent one negating everything in the previous one??

See, that's why we geniuses back there don't bother to ask such Dyche-look-provoking questions. We are above that. :p

:laugh: Great post by the way! Who the hell are you, anyway?

You guys are getting out of control. I might spell all my words wrong now just as long as someone out there will promise to correct my spelling everytime I make a mistake...............I can't wait til Neuro is over cause I've about had it with Cranial Nerves and Meetz being in charge of making my life a living hell..................Check out the next issue of the Innominate, there will be a great pic/article that I'm sure most of you won't want to miss +pissed+

But...there's just nothing like the sound of slapping your cremaster, is there? :love:

Ok, I'm coming to class. With my coffee.

luckystar said:
But...there's just nothing like the sound of slapping your cremaster, is there? :love:

Ok, I'm coming to class. With my coffee.
I'll suh--lap your cremaster luckystar if you butt isn't in class before 8:50...................Class skipper!!

Wow, the few the proud at the 8 am class. My question is this, who the hell is everyone else. Dr. Dicky I know (he dirrected me towards the site), but I have no idea who everyone else is.

We are the proud self proclaimed super geniuses who sit in the back and play games during class.............................only because one of us really is a super genius and she tells us what we need to know outside of class.

SH%T FOR BRAINS....I thought that was you........

Cuthbert said:
PS: I asked Dr. Dyche what he would cover on the test and he gave me his usual "you are the biggest dumb a-- I've ever seen" look. I hate that look. Dicky, you know what I mean. It's all your fault.

Dude.....next time don't cut the ilioinguinal n.........you brought it upon yourself :smuggrin: :laugh:

Ilioinguinal nerve! Yeah, like that's really responsible for anything... um wait, I mean...

Oh Ilioinguinal nerve I was so wrong! Why, why did I ever forsake you? With out you my scrotal skin would have no sensation and my life would be meaningless! The only thing worse would be to take my cremaster reflex away. I will never wrong you again ilioinguinal nerve.

There are days when I view myself as a self-proclaimed super genius. There are others where I wish I was back in the warm, protective pouch that was my mother's womb. That's about all I have to say. I'm Dejan if the name didn't give me away. Because there are about 18,907 Maksimovics in Des Moines. I counted. And Tom, you witty bastard, you're writing something for the next paper....I just have to put together the last one for this semester sometime before the semester ends. Ditka 4 Life.

Rick James.

For those of you who don't know me I am Cliff. I look a Dejan's little brother at times hairy and more or less confused, but I soon will have a college degree putting on the level with the rest of you smart SOB'S. Oh by the way I hate Cranial Nerves, they also make me want to crawl up into dmaksimovics mom's womb also but not my whole body just my special purpose part :) :D :thumbup:

Jane and I were sieamese twins, when we were separated she got all the sieamese and most of the brain.

I love you Ilioinguinal nerve. There, I said it.

Cuthbert said:
I love you Ilioinguinal nerve. There, I said it.

It was only a matter of time....we all knew it was coming.....

Well, hello, Clarice...ahem...I mean, Tom! Hi! The rumor is confirmed: You love the Ilioinguinal nerve. That will be on the portal by tomorrow.

I am the ******* who got called on in class today. Damn the man with the evil looks and the 85 different movements of palsied people!!

luckystar said:
Damn the man with the evil looks and the 85 different movements of palsied people!!

Ah yes... my arch nemisis, the anti-cuthbert if you will.

Key points reaped from today's SOSA residency meeting (some of this has a touch of sarcasm added in...and different programs put different values on different things.):

1) Grades. Do not matter much because they're too subjective. Just don't fail anything.
2) Boards. Some people have the ability to approximate a comparison between COMLEX and USMLE scores. Some don't.
3) LORs. Only matters if they're from somebody important (to the reader), or if they basically say you are a horrible person and should be banned from all human contact.
4) Application. Use spell-check. Please.
5) Performance on a rotation at this particular institution. May get you in regardless of all of the above. Or it may blacklist you. Forever.

This is only one man's/program's opinion. Use your best judgment. :)

I heard if you showed cupcake nipples that you got in no matter what.................................................or if you obviously are a self proclaimed super genius
:rolleyes: :p

I also heard if you have foreskin it goes a long way.....just what I hear.

Rick James.

Never underestimate the power of the prepuce.

DMAKSIMOVIC said:
I also heard if you have foreskin it goes a long way.....just what I hear.

Rick James.

What if you've saved yours from the circumcision.....and use the subsequent SMEGMA as a skin moisturizer........Does that still count?

Dr.Dicky said:
What if you've saved yours from the circumcision.....and use the subsequent SMEGMA as a skin moisturizer........Does that still count?

Change SMEGMA from skin moisturizer to everyday condiment such as mayo or ketchup if its after circumcision and you will have no problem getting a job someday.

and will be available for sale in small jars next to the bagels.

Rick James

I'll bring the fish sauce.

Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.