DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....

May 19 - Schererville, IN
June 9 - San Francisco

Do you have street addresses for the reception places so I can set up a hotel in stumbling distance?

Oh, and Uncle Sam owns me proper on 11JUN07. With any luck I'll still make the Frisco.
We're actually working on getting discount rates for people coming to the wedding...so I'll let you know once something is worked out. For SF, there's a Hilton down the block from the restaurant...I think it's the Financial District one on Kearny St. We're not sure if we're going to get a block of rooms in SF because we're not expecting a whole lot of out-of-towners...save for you and his side of the family. How long do you plan on staying out in SF?

Members don't see this ad.

We're actually working on getting discount rates for people coming to the wedding...so I'll let you know once something is worked out. For SF, there's a Hilton down the block from the restaurant...I think it's the Financial District one on Kearny St. We're not sure if we're going to get a block of rooms in SF because we're not expecting a whole lot of out-of-towners...save for you and his side of the family. How long do you plan on staying out in SF?

Days since I will have to be at orientation for internship on the 11th.

But it'll be hard to miss dancing lions and authentic foreign culture.

I'll submit for the unedited innominate. I had an interview today at a place that is supposed to be really friendly and fun to work at, but isn't like a huge well known research center or anything. There were four interviews and three were nice. One of the interviewers was like, really old, and you could tell he had some anti DO sentiments. He was asking me questions like, what kind of grades did you get in undergrad? I was like, well I was in the top 10% of 40,000 people, so they were pretty darn good. I wanted to ask him what his grades were like. After we were done I felt like he was reading a rejection letter, he was like "well, we get a lot of applicants, you wouldn't believe how many people come through here. Good luck finding the perfect residency spot." So three of the four people are really friendly, and this guy is basically pushing me out the door.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc thanks.

Dartos..........I got asked by an MD if I even went to medical school during my interview:)

Lucky this Mrs. and I are definetly going to try to make it so just keep us posted!

Guys after tomorrow I am officially down to 2 weeks of plastics, 4 weeks of ICU, then 4 weeks to be decided..........freakin' awesome.

I just saw two great movies in one week. May I recommend Azumi and Perfume: story of a murderer. Azumi is on video, it's a japanese import about 12 orphans raised to kill the warlords in japan to stop all the war in japan. The first 15 minutes I thought it was goofy, then they had the first in a series of awesome scenes. Really well shot visually, not your typical happy-go-lucky movie.

Perfume was great, it was released to theatres but you might have to look for it. It was amazing, just see it. Even if only for the giant orgy scene.

We watched superman, it sucked. Who likes superman? It's all too easy for him. *SPOILER ALERT* The guy shoots his laser eyes into the ground, goes into the core of the world and causes an earthquake, then picks an island up to throw into space. Then lex luther throws some kryptonite at him, yet he somehow miraculously overcomes it. That's not interesting. Batman was cool, he didn't have any superpowers. The punisher was the best comic book character of all time.

That ends my totally random post.

1 more week of FP
4 weeks of hospice.
2 weeks of camp (no credit, but lots of fun)
5 weeks of PMR (with a really cool DO who had dozens of PT's).

It's crazy that we're like 4.5 months from graduation.

Superman was ok. It was what I expected, and it payed many homages to the original 4. I really liked the new younger Lois. I especially like how clean her feet stay even when slogging around on filthy rooves and such.

I saw "Steel Dawn." It's a futuristic 80's movie (which makes it worthwhile right off the bat) where Patrick Swayze of Dirty Dancing fame is a post apocalyptic lone wolf. It's got some great cheezy dialouge and fight scenes. Total blast from the past.

I saw "Westworld." It's a early 70's sci fi pic about robot inhabited resorts. You can go to Romanworld where you have debaucheries, Medivalworld where you duke it out with knights and stuff, or you can go to Westworld and be a cowboy. Things obviously go wrong, but it's pretty cool watching the low tech special effects.

I'm getting some 60's sci fi in for this weekend. One's about 1994 when the world is destroyed by war. I love those!

I can't WAIT for graduation. Where is everyone staying? What are gonna' be our after school hangouts?

3 wks of vacation for me now that I'm done with ENT...finishing up interviews and some wedding stuff, and then 8 wks of FP and 2 wks of ophtho to finish.

Children of Men was the last movie we saw. Very good...great acting and filming.

Regarding superheros, Batman was always my favorite...just a regular guy with really cool gadgets and vehicles.

It just got really damn cold today. And here I was hoping that the midwest was finally going to turn into California.

....We watched superman, it sucked. Who likes superman? It's all too easy for him. *SPOILER ALERT* The guy shoots his laser eyes into the ground, goes into the core of the world and causes an earthquake, then picks an island up to throw into space. Then lex luther throws some kryptonite at him, yet he somehow miraculously overcomes it. That's not interesting. Batman was cool, he didn't have any superpowers. The punisher was the best comic book character of all time.

That ends my totally random post.

I agree the Superman Resturns movie just blew a$$ (like Portier does on his off time). Though I have to take issue with you Dartos. The best comic book character of all time is LOBO..especially the Xmas special where he asaults the North Pole and wacks Santa.

And since when have your posts, or thoughts for that matter, been anything
but random?!

Oh and where you at dog...Ally keeps asking me :laugh:

Whats crazy is thinking of you guy's as actual Doctors..with a license to grope!

You ought to see it from my side. In another 6months I cant say I'm just the med student, I'll check with the resident. Holy **** real responsibillity, I dont know if I'm ready for that. I want to go back to cramming for tests and crawling home from the bar.

I have 2 more weeks of Vascular, 4 weeks of trauma, and then 6 weeks (hopefully) of research and robotic training and then I am officially done with 4th year of medical school.

The reason that that neuro doc wants an intern on is because if you write the admit/consult note as a student, she won't get reimbursed for it and has to write a whole new one on her own. If the resident does it, she just has to sign and will get reimbursed through medicare that way.

Dartos--have you seen the Punisher movie (not the Dolf Lundgrin one but the newer one?). It's pretty good as far as comic book movies go. Yeah, I've always liked Batman too, especially when Christian Bale plays him. Other favorites are Wolverine and Spider man. Gotta love gamma radiation and government science projects. I'm thinking about exposing myself to gamma just to see if I can get special powers... probably will just end up like the Hills Have Eyes creatures.

Good luck on the match everyone!

The reason that that neuro doc wants an intern on is because if you write the admit/consult note as a student, she won't get reimbursed for it and has to write a whole new one on her own. If the resident does it, she just has to sign and will get reimbursed through medicare that way.

Dartos--have you seen the Punisher movie (not the Dolf Lundgrin one but the newer one?). It's pretty good as far as comic book movies go. Yeah, I've always liked Batman too, especially when Christian Bale plays him. Other favorites are Wolverine and Spider man. Gotta love gamma radiation and government science projects. I'm thinking about exposing myself to gamma just to see if I can get special powers... probably will just end up like the Hills Have Eyes creatures.

Good luck on the match everyone!

I actually own the dvd and have watched it several times. I really like that movie, actually wouldn't mind a sequel. They could develop him a little further. In the first one you feel like he is totally justified because he punishes the guy who executed his whole family. But in the comic book he punishes A LOT of people, and often crosses WAY over the line, and lives his whole life on the dark side of the grey zone. I don't care what anyone says, Batman begins was way better than the original batman. I had a discussion about this last weekend with a tv producer I just met. He fervently defended the first batman. I was like, when did you last see batman? Go back and watch it, you will be bored. Batman begins kicked A$$. Christian Bale did a great job. Spiderman was great too. He had awesome super powers, but he could be hurt or killed. Plus he was a bulked up nerd, which totally appeals to most comic book readers. Wolverine is cool too, but he needs no discussion, he's just that cool.

I have

2 weeks of plastics
4 weeks of icu
4 weeks left to schedule

I am officially done March 23rd. At that time I plan on playing ps3, Wii, and watching DVD's until July 1st. I too am excited to see everyone when I get back for graduation. I have my last interview Friday. Hopefully next week I'll get to post that I actually have a job next year! For those of us in the Midwest stay warm and drive safe.

oh and I can't wait for EPIC MOVIE to come out bitches..........

When are most people going to show up in Des Moines for graduation?

I'm going to be coming from Chi-town and the Hosimovic wedding.

I plan on doing Chicagoan things like robbing old people and polluting the environment, then going back to corn town.

Where are people planning on staying?

Which bars should I pressure SGA into asking for discounts at?
Monday: Mickey's?
Tuesday: Drink?
Wednesday: Wellman's?

Give me some feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.