DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky, Dmak, and Krank,

We have one class to go and as the year closes in I am sad that we will only have one more quiz bowl at Dmak's til the wee morning hours when only the drunks driving home from the bars are out and about. I hope the phys test treated you all well, especially you Krank and that non of us we'll have to remediate anytime soon!!!!! By the way we need to have movie night sometime cause the graduation money turned my apartment into a movie theater!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Let's rent something LOUD....and I will be joining quiz bowl on wednesday...otherwise i might end up watching some reality tv show...Alias ROCKED last night though!! yay Alias ;)

The last Lord of the Rings comes out today. Med school almost made me forget about how important this date is. Its ok though I think the GF got it for me, so that means tonight it is that loud and annoying movie, and that after thursday one whole day will be committed to laying on the couches and watching roughly 9 hours of LOTR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooh and lets see who can last the longest without going to the bathroom...I bet I'm the first to go, especially if there will be beer involved :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

This is one of the final messages for the year from the Krank master himself. I am still not sure where or what I will be doing this summer, but I hope that there might be some time for some golf, ya know I am the next black PGA star. One problem though, I am not black but I am a mexican, close enough I think. Phys treated me alright, but it will be up to the GODS to keep me away from remediation, it will be sad to say that remediation got me over 3pts. NO WORRIES though because once Thursday rolls around I will be looking at swinging titties at the yard. LOVE Y'ALL and I will see you at DMAK's.

I'm sick of the irishman's notes....................who writes a whole bunch of stuff in the notes and then when you ask what is important they say what do you think you won't need to know in practice.......Good luck studying the pharm gents and ladies.............two days til golf, sleeping, swimming, and yes probably some educational reading :( :(

CONGRATS TO ALL FOR FINALLY FINISHING FIRST YEAR! See y'all later....at the bar...

Lucky,
Congrats to you also and you can finally drink now, which I don't think I have ever seen you partake in :) The sweet smell of summer freedom!!!!

cremaster2007 said:
Lucky,
Congrats to you also and you can finally drink now, which I don't think I have ever seen you partake in :) The sweet smell of summer freedom!!!!
It feels good to get a couple of drinks down before noon...ahh that's the life right there boys...:D

Well kids....I'm going home for a week. That should be just enough time for me to start abhoring everybody at home again. See you when I'm back. Hopefully the parents will cough up some money for rent...otherwise it's emergency loan funding.....I love school.

Rick James

Guys I start research the first of june and lucky and I have class the week after for anatomy advanced dissection but we should get together sometime and grill out or something. We also need to plan the hog roast dmak, I figure we can do it sometime in june and just send out an email to a few people and we'll camp or something. Hope you guys that went home all have fun and relax for a couple of weeks, and I'll see you or talk to you when you guys get back.

What better way to spend the summer than reeking of propylene glycol, formalin, and phenol? Or whatever chemicals they're using nowadays. Cremaster, I really hope you can get into the OR sometime this summer. We'll fight for it! Let's camp in the front lawn at DMAK's. And shoot some rabbits for dinner.

I just wanted you to all know that I am still alive, though barely, and I am attempting to enjoy my summer of cadavers and rats!! Lucky knows a little what I'm talking about, but I can't wait for you guys to all come back cause we need to have a campout or something to re-bond before the beginning of hell #2. Don't forget about checking sdn for good info.

Members don't see this ad :)
luckystar said:
What better way to spend the summer than reeking of propylene glycol, formalin, and phenol? Or whatever chemicals they're using nowadays. Cremaster, I really hope you can get into the OR sometime this summer. We'll fight for it! Let's camp in the front lawn at DMAK's. And shoot some rabbits for dinner.

yes....my massive lawn....with my overabundance of bunny meat. Whetting the knives now. Kill da wabbit.................kill da wabbit.......ok i'm done.

Rick James

Dmak,
Dodgeball this weekend with Lucky and rabbit hunting should be fun. We need to have a meeting for full bodies this week, I realized I am old now and that after working out my body is screaming at me to either die or have some big serbian man hands crack it. Anyways I am going into the anatomy lab shortly so I have no plans later on get a hold of me if something fun comes up.

Dodgeball, yay! Maybe we can play a game of it after the movie with some captive rabbits...then spit roast them.

DMAK should get a chinchilla and set up fights w/ his roommate's bunny. Bets are on!

Dmak and Lucky,
Apparently we aren't allowed to answer questions to the 2008's cause we are lowly 2nd years who know nothing about what's actually going on with the school. Keep that in mind when you see a question because people like us can't possibly know anything that is of use to any incoming students.

cremaster2007 said:
Dmak and Lucky,
Apparently we aren't allowed to answer questions to the 2008's cause we are lowly 2nd years who know nothing about what's actually going on with the school. Keep that in mind when you see a question because people like us can't possibly know anything that is of us to any incoming students.

true and we're not fellows......just reglar' ol' med students that just finished first year and don't know what it'll be like for new incoming students

Rick James

Hey to all of those in Des Moines still. We're playing some pickup softball...Saturdays starting this weekend at 3 pm at American Legion Park on 4th and Vine over by Valley Junction. Email me with questions.

Does anyone else in our class find it funny that everyone is going to be surgeons? Oh by the way Dmak you missed an entertaining grand rounds this morning. Nothing like the sweet smell of iowa summer as you get up at 5:30 and watch interns and residents alike get humiliated and in the back of your mind you wish so desperately that someday that will be you standing infront of the room stairing blankly at the attendings saying "uhhhhhhhhhh, I don't think I came across that in the chart or in any of the literature, so I am going to have to say that I don't know the answer to that" a million times.

luckystar said:
Dodgeball, yay! Maybe we can play a game of it after the movie with some captive rabbits...then spit roast them.

DMAK should get a chinchilla and set up fights w/ his roommate's bunny. Bets are on!

I'm taking the underdog bunny in 5 games (4-1) just like Detroit. I also am excited about Dodgeball, and Lucky you better come show us some of that crazy tsunami pitching you keep bragging about.

cremaster you dirty *****. check your email for some fascinating crap. (not about your research...i'll get on that now...since i am your bizitch)

cremaster2007 said:
Dmak and Lucky,
Apparently we aren't allowed to answer questions to the 2008's cause we are lowly 2nd years who know nothing about what's actually going on with the school. Keep that in mind when you see a question because people like us can't possibly know anything that is of us to any incoming students.

I found that comment rather amusing since most of you have been the ones to give myself (and most other 2008 people) answers, advice, etc. over the past few months. I figured to comment wasn't necessarily worth it though......

I know we come off as borderline naughty sometimes, but we're just a bunch of kids trying to get through med school with a little humor and not take everything so seriously. We know our stuff though!! :D You know where to find us if you've got any more questions.

cremaster2007 said:
Does anyone else in our class find it funny that everyone is going to be surgeons? Oh by the way Dmak you missed an entertaining grand rounds this morning. Nothing like the sweet smell of iowa summer as you get up at 5:30 and watch interns and residents alike get humiliated and in the back of your mind you wish so desperately that someday that will be you standing infront of the room stairing blankly at the attendings saying "uhhhhhhhhhh, I don't think I came across that in the chart or in any of the literature, so I am going to have to say that I don't know the answer to that" a million times.
Ah yes that sure was fun, to watch. I'll have to work on perfecting my deer-in-headlights look...

There is nothing quite like the smell of formalin, rat poo, and sweat to let you know that you are on your way to being some sort of doctor someday (hopefully). And yes we have some very good stories for you 08er's who want to hear them, and you for sure need to hear about teachers/ta's ect (the good, the bad, and the ugly). I just so everyone knows I have just 6 short days til Dave Chapelle. Brother darkness...................

Lucky,
It's 8:30 now and I am done with my morning research injections and I am waiting patiently for you to show up so we can get this anatomy show on the road and finish up our summer projects so I no longer have to smell like formalin mixed with rat poo ----- I'll get to smell just like rat poo. So in a non-threatening tone I would tell you to get your butt over here so I can go nap before I have to back to work tonight. And don't forget to show some love to your fathers tomorrow everyone!!!!

Congrats!! Cremaster is now done w/ his dissection of the CNS. And we have 2,548 pictures to prove it. Go pith some rats now.

luckystar said:
Congrats!! Cremaster is now done w/ his dissection of the CNS. And we have 2,548 pictures to prove it. Go pith some rats now.

There will be no rat pithing, only rat testing. Which by the way I am starting to get sick of greatly.........Who gets up 7 days a week in the summer at 7:30 for rat testing, the same guy who has two thumbs and thinks that that is stupid.........this guy. Anyways you guys give me a call this afternoon, and let me know what's up.

cremaster2007 said:
There will be no rat pithing, only rat testing. Which by the way I am starting to get sick of greatly.........Who gets up 7 days a week in the summer at 7:30 for rat testing, the same guy who has two thumbs and thinks that that is stupid.........this guy. Anyways you guys give me a call this afternoon, and let me know what's up.
Dude....I found the posterior meniscofemoral ligament today...the first one that Dr. M has ever seen in a real cadaver! Anyway, hopefully I'll be done tomorrow. Oh and Dr. M said he's going to try to schedule a meeting with the 5 of us in the class to talk to some lady who's going to tell us more about making the tutorial. Expect an email.

Don't know what I'll be up to later...but I'll be sure to call if there's anything interesting going on. :D

So, I would like to know....what's the general consensus in your class? Take the COMLEX or USMLE or both? I heard that most of you want to do surgery.

Seth

luckystar said:
Dude....I found the posterior meniscofemoral ligament today...the first one that Dr. M has ever seen in a real cadaver! Anyway, hopefully I'll be done tomorrow. Oh and Dr. M said he's going to try to schedule a meeting with the 5 of us in the class to talk to some lady who's going to tell us more about making the tutorial. Expect an email.

Don't know what I'll be up to later...but I'll be sure to call if there's anything interesting going on. :D

Lucky,
That's why you are crazy........I hope you get done soon, I'm afraid the formalin will go to your head. Wed. and Thurs. I only have injections those days so we should go to G's and work on our tutorial. We'll see how far you get. Let me know what day works for you.

sether52do said:
So, I would like to know....what's the general consensus in your class? Take the COMLEX or USMLE or both? I heard that most of you want to do surgery.

Seth

Seth,
Most of the students in my class are planning on taking just the COMLEX. I am planning on taking both now because I don't have any idea what program I want to do after rotations. Most places in the midwest tend to understand both well and don't care if you take one or both. I can't really give you a certain percent of how many are taking it, but I do know the class before me had about 40 or 50 out of 200 who took it, which is a surprisingly large number compared to past classes. Lucky may be able to help you out a little more because she knows all about all this stuff.

It looks like a beautiful day for laying by the pool which will be commencing shortly after 1 for any of you who are bored and want to join me. Dmak 2 days till Dave Chapelle and we can start off the night with free food/drinks at the ER sky box at the ICubs game. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yo......what's up with the game? and your balls are showing.

rick james

sether52do said:

Seth
Seth,

I'm going to take both exams. Some people say if a program doesn't accept COMLEX scores, then you shouldn't go to such a program anyway, but I say, why close doors. Besides, it's just more convenient for a program to compare two scores from the same exam.

Cremaster, I just emailed the EM club dude...I totally forgot. Hopefully there will still be room for dmak and me.

DMAKSIMOVIC said:
yo......what's up with the game? and your balls are showing.

rick james

We should go to the game before hand for a few innings and then head to dave chapelle. Duh Dmak what are you doing this afternoon?????? I'm gonna lay by the pool I think.

luckystar said:
Seth,

I'm going to take both exams. Some people say if a program doesn't accept COMLEX scores, then you shouldn't go to such a program anyway, but I say, why close doors. Besides, it's just more convenient for a program to compare two scores from the same exam.

Cremaster, I just emailed the EM club dude...I totally forgot. Hopefully there will still be room for dmak and me.

Lucky,
You better hope there are tickets left cause if there aren't I'm gonna have to give you a swift quick to the ovaries................................30 minutes til freedom. Did you guys realize we only have about 4 more weeks til class:(

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :thumbdown:

cremaster2007 said:
Lucky,
You better hope there are tickets left cause if there aren't I'm gonna have to give you a swift quick to the ovaries................................30 minutes til freedom. Did you guys realize we only have about 4 more weeks til class:(

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :thumbdown:
I got at least one ticket. If anything, you and dmak can go and I'll drive.

By the way, dinner on Friday? I'll try to get our cute little ex-lab partner and her hubby to come.

The Krank is about to put the smack down. I am sitting in this lab tonight and the bitch MD over in ER is ordering every test on like everyone that walks in the ER. Oh so you broke your leg, well i think we better run a cardiac profile, ethanol, basic, d-dimer, cbc, and a drugs of abuse to make sure you are ok. Damn I hope I am not as dumb as that lady. Anyways it is pretty fatty working here lately because the nurses know i am in med school so they ask me **** like i am a doc, it is pretty funny, but believe it or not i know some of it. that shows you Finnerty. Anyways I return to Des Moines soon.

Ahhh nothing like a crappy day to rain on my parade. Lucky we got into a minor car accident in the parking lot at school with a construction worker who was speeding from the very south parking lot by the ac up towards the doors to the ac. It makes my day that much better......I think I am going to go work out and go to bed for awhile so I can actually enjoy tonight.

Yeah you guys have fun tonight!!! I thought I'd be your chauffeur, but dmak insisted he'd drive...and won't drink...too much. Hope your big Lexus is okay though!

As for me...I'm tired. The case lasted more than 3 hours today. Then I had to type. A lot. And think. Thinking drains me. :)

Ahhhh yes lucky, you may be the smartest person alive, but we all know you even need rest. I am sitting in lab and its sat. and I really don't think it's fair at all. I hope you guys had a good night last night and that Krank celebrated. I am an old man and alas I must be in bed by 11:30. Let me know what you guys are up to today though!!!

You goin to softball tomorrow cremaster? I have your pics on a CD. All 70-something of them. I can give it to you next week sometime if you're not gonna go hit some balls with us. :D

Lucky,
I am planning on coming this afternoon. I think I am going to dmak's around 1ish to hang out. I have vb tonight too, but I found out the gf is going to chicago this week so we can get together like wed or something and work on our web pages. It will be nice to get that taken care of since school is sneaking back up on my lazy ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky,
The gf is for sure going to chicago and she is leaving wednesday afternoon, so we could go to G's wed-fri anytime to work on anatomy. I am hoping to get that done within the next two weeks so I can live the rest of my summer school free!!! Let me know what you think ---- and do you wanna go to grand rounds thursday again??? Dmak anymore visits since yesterday?? hahahahhahaha. K guys I gotta go get ready to do injections then I am laying by the pool, call my cell.

Hiiiiii cremaster. I'm free Wed afternoon. Grand Rounds on Thurs sounds good. I think I might have pissed off the other dude in our dissection class because I didn't wait for him last week. But then, I did tell him to meet at 6:50 and he didn't show up on time. We can't sacrifice our time for laggers, don't you agree? And yeah, Dmak doesn't just get booty calls, he gets booty visits. Niiiiiice :)

cremaster2007 said:
Dmak anymore visits since yesterday?? hahahahhahaha. K guys I gotta go get ready to do injections then I am laying by the pool, call my cell.

Eat me. Then die.

D

luckystar said:
Hiiiiii cremaster. I'm free Wed afternoon. Grand Rounds on Thurs sounds good. I think I might have pissed off the other dude in our dissection class because I didn't wait for him last week. But then, I did tell him to meet at 6:50 and he didn't show up on time. We can't sacrifice our time for laggers, don't you agree? And yeah, Dmak doesn't just get booty calls, he gets booty visits. Niiiiiice :)

Laugh it up guys......one day......one day.....try pie try.

SPIDERMAN 2 WEDNESDAY!!! YAY!! hee hee

I'm Sonic-burgered out....*burp*

Status
Not open for further replies.