DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family's great, doc. We just got back from five weeks in Florida. It was great in 70-degree weather, but holy ****e we spent a lot of money!!!! It's good to be back home though. We leave for Missouri(BFE) in Feb to do a 4 week FP rotation...I am SOOOOO excited...can you feel the sarcasm yet? In the meanwhile, we have to start trying to sell the house here in Columbus...looks like we'll be heckling Lina in Detroit for the next 5 years. Other than that, not much going on. How are you and Darcy doing? Hey, I've got an idea....let's keep the tradition alive. You should help me move up to Detroit, being that you've helped me in EVERY move since starting med school! Just kidding buddy.

Go pickle a liver for new years....liver is evil...it must be punished.....

If you promise to feed me booze and let me sleep with your wife I think I can help you(Ok, I was just kidding about the booze). I'm sooooo sorry I did'nt make it over last August. I was on call every sigle day that month. I'll be in toledo for the next few months, mind if I swing down and see you, the wifey, and the kiddies some time? Darci's doing fine. We'll know next week for sure where we'll be.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Dicky what did you end up applying for?

Doc any news on where you think you'll end up?

I'll let you know as soon as I find out next week. I just turned down a spot I probally should have accepted hopeing to get my number one spot. Who would of ever thuk that I'd be gunning for an Osteo spot?

If you promise to feed me booze and let me sleep with your wife I think I can help you(Ok, I was just kidding about the booze).

And here I thought you'd make an outrageous request....this one's easy enough. Good luck in getting you're spot.....just give us a few weeks notice before you come. I do the PE the end of this month, then we leave for Missouri for the whole month of Feb.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year everybody...it's 2007. Hard to believe this is our year to graduate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, Happy New Year everybody...it's 2007. Hard to believe this is our year to graduate.

Likewise Dicky......and to all. Big year for all of us. AND I'm getting married.......maybe buying a car or two, 8000 sq ft home, and some midgets that make me peanut brittle when I want them to. Seriously though it'll be almond bark, not the brittle.

And casa hombre......Resistence may be our new Battlefront. The PS3 is awesome. Madden 07 looks like I'm at the game using the Sky Cam. I'm buying a HDTV just for the PS3.....it's sickening how awesome this thing is.

Oh yeah.....peace on earth and crap.

So my computer spontaneously combusted the other week.....not really....the mobo died. It was a slow process that started off with some skewed blips on the screen......then lines........then fuzzy lines......then flickering.......then death. I hope I go that way.

D!!!

My laptop decided to not show anything on the screen anymore. I have it hooked to a TV set with an s video card (BLURRY!) to type this.

How did you get yours fixed? Sent it back to the school?

:eek:

OMFG...

So the school is pretty cool. They are sending me a hot spare and are having me swap hard drives. They'll fix mine and send it back to me.

On the video game front:

1) Prey: If you want a visual experience like you've never imagined... It's a total mindf(ck. There is no predicting how things will work, and it's like the end of contra except 900 times realer.

2) Hitman: Really fun. You can play it like a FPS game or you can get more money per job by using finesse.

3) Gear of War: I haven't figured this one out yet. I play a while and get wated. Any advice out there?

BLIZZLE

Im making an annoucement on here. Since we got blood confirmation now.

Wifey peed on a stick and I saw two Pink lines. OMG, I guess my boys dont have two tails. :D

Lucky... in case I seemed a little distracted on Monday, I had this on my mind.

Wifey peed on a stick and I saw two Pink lines. OMG, I guess my boys dont have two tails. :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :D

Wow, that's awesome! I thought you guys were just tired, driving from CO and all. Tell the wifey we said congrats...and it was nice seeing you two at yet another random place.

OK, Ive been thinking. Is pregnancy a "pre-existing" condition? We are on my wifes insurance right now, but were going to move and get on my insurance assuming I match somplace. Who the heck is going to pay for this kiddo? Maybe I should try and get on Medicaid.

Congrats on continuing your line.

Strange coincidence: A friend of mine has lesbian neighbors. They're trying to get pregnant using donor sperm and all that. The friend recruited me to give a progesterone shot to the mom since they need them with some regularity.

After the shots they decided the liked me and told my friend they wanted my genetic material....

Congrats on continuing your line.

Strange coincidence: A friend of mine has lesbian neighbors. They're trying to get pregnant using donor sperm and all that. The friend recruited me to give a progesterone shot to the mom since they need them with some regularity.

After the shots they decided the liked me and told my friend they wanted my genetic material....

Happy new years to everyone as well.

D I also am looking to tie the knot this year.......who would have thought the world would loose two fine looking bachelors such as ourselves.......Portier is all that is left for the ladies.

DOdoubleGG congrats!

Because the match process is so crappy I was thinking I should go back to law school and become an "agent" for medical students as they apply.......could be a new nitch.:laugh:

Ha!! Now the question is, are you gonna give to her the natural way, or in a cup?

Lucky and Dmak where and when are you guys gettin' hitched............yeeeeeeeeeeehaw.

Members don't see this ad :)
The wedding scoop:

May 19 - ceremony in southside Chicago, reception in Schererville, IN (20-30 min apart)
June 9 - 2nd reception in San Francisco

When are you guys thinking of tying the knot? And where will it be?

Depends on if I match anywhere..............thinking maybe october ish depending on where I am and my schedule. Most likely ceremony in MI, reception to follow in IA. You guys having just family or should I expect a golden ceremonial invite?

Cream--> www.nbome.org I think. Good luck to you and wish you the best.

DocGeorge--> I'm going osteo too, pretty cool because its dual accredited; but that means two boards...

Portier--> am holding out for God of War II coming Spring of 2007 for Playstation; if you haven't played the first one for PS2 then you are missing out. It is the bloodiest game ever and the first where they reference sex directly (i.e. show the headboard banging and you have to push the X button to make it bang faster for more points...); a recent Playboy had the hottest game/animated females pose naked and the girl from this game was on there.
No comment on the spread of your seed...(have the lesbians actually met you face to face?) JK

GGolden--> Congrats, oh no, another one of you? How's the bassett? Not sure about the insurance thing; never encountered it because my goalie's pretty savvy and a b!itch on wheels--nothing gets by her.

Lucky and DMAK--> Congrats! Be sure to keep us informed about where you guys end up.

Side-note--> am working with an FP doc right now that went to school with the Boz and is really into alternative medicine; likes nutrients and vitamin supplements, uses OMM oldschool all the time; it's pretty cool learning from this doc, its good to see a DO that loves what they do and how they were trained

Depends on if I match anywhere..............thinking maybe october ish depending on where I am and my schedule. Most likely ceremony in MI, reception to follow in IA. You guys having just family or should I expect a golden ceremonial invite?
Watch for one in the mail around Feb/March!

The wedding scoop:

May 19 - ceremony in southside Chicago, reception in Schererville, IN (20-30 min apart)
June 9 - 2nd reception in San Francisco

When are you guys thinking of tying the knot? And where will it be?

I'm Jacky Treehorn.

I'm trying to eat healthy and work out for my new years resolution.............I now know that as a fat old man you can't just start running 5 miles a day again:laugh:

Dmak/Lucky where are you guys right now?

We just started in Des Moines...will be here till the end of January. I have 2 wks of ENT and then finishing up the rest of my interviews in the Omaha/Chicago/Milwaukee/St. Louis area. DMAK is doing his 4wk FP, with a bunch of interviews as well at the end of the month, but he'll be doing Omaha/Chicago/Minnesota...I think! We're planning on finishing the rest of our rotations in Illinois. Are you in MI the rest of the year?

I'm MI for now. I have 5 weeks set up with 6 more to go. I'm not sure if I"ll stay up here or not. The Mrs. and I are looking into a 6 month lease on an apt so I can finish my last few weeks and then have a place to stay up here until roughly June when I'll move to wherever I end up! I have one interview left on the East Coast then it's finger crossing time.

GG congrats!

On a side note:
Just found out that I got my first choice....Yay!!!!!:D :D :D

Congrats Doc, that's awesome. What about Darci? Did she find out too?

Congrats DO double g! All you soon to be married people remember, its not too late to have a scientology wedding! Creamy, to get to the PE website I would always just type pe exam into google and it would pop right up. Portier, don't give up your baby batter unless it's through an agency, cuz those ladies can legally come back and sue you for child support if you go rogue. Dr. Golden, pregnancy is usually considered a pre-existing condition. It varies from carrier to carrier but it's usually not a problem to get it covered on new insurance if you have continuously had insurance. If not you can get on cobra from her work.

I don't have any cool announcements, no wedding or babies. The closest I have is that I just bench pressed 275 pounds and almost had 300 up there. The funny thing is Natalie is my spotter and the weight is almost three times her bodyweight. Scary. We're contemplating when to make our next anklebiter, i mean tiny miracle from heaven. We keep putting it off. We want another one, but we've grown to enjoy sleeping through the night.

Ive done a fair amount of research into the pregnancy and switching carriers thing. Its actually covered by HIPPA. For the first and only time, it will help me out. Its protected from being a prior condition if you satisfy the one and only condition of non-stop coverage. Its the portibility part of HIPPA. If you have even one day of non-coverage, than you dont satisfy the portibity part and therefore can be a pre-existing condition. I may have to satisfy my deductable twice, but thats OK. It still cheaper than paying the bucks out of pocket.

GG you did OB..................just deliver it at home!

D!!!

My laptop decided to not show anything on the screen anymore. I have it hooked to a TV set with an s video card (BLURRY!) to type this.

How did you get yours fixed? Sent it back to the school?

:eek:

I personally delivered mine to the help desk......only to return my hot spare two days later for them to tell me my hard drive needs another reimaging.....my 4th. So now I'm hijacking the woman's computer every other minute. I hate these computers......I really do. I can't wait to buy a new one.....must fight urge to destroy all gateways.+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Congrats bud.....sorry I'm so slow......Jane speaks for both of us in congratulating you and your woman.

Ha!! Now the question is, are you gonna give to her the natural way, or in a cup?

So by natural way......and lesbians.......he's going to aim for his mouth and then go down on her? Wha?:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

So by natural way......and lesbians.......he's going to aim for his mouth and then go down on her? Wha?:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

HA! Not like we haven't all seen Bernard Coktaker do that in the lecture hall a million times!:love: :love:

I had to edit my last response because apparently we can only use thirteen images in one single post. Thats weird. I guess between Dmaks smileys and my smileys we had a counter mojo working. Remember how i said to never cross the beams? CROSS THE BEAMS!

BTW, master of cream, I'm doing fp with MCG resident clinic. Three days a week we take the clinic on wheels and go to bad neighborhoods and give out free medical care. It's a good experience, especially since the attendings and residents are so nice to work with. Lots of independence.:thumbup:

The wife and I got a 6 mo lease on an apartment near your house Dartos.....I think I may go to the Clem to do Neurology and ICU

Im trying to get a neuro rotation there right now. Dr. Burnham, the neuro doc with the good reputation, isn't taking students unless she has an intern on. Apparently she doesn't have an intern on for quite some time. They have other docs you can rotate with, but I don't know if they are good or bad. At this point I just need to get a neuro rotation in before I start psych residency so I will take almost anything.

I heard that too. I'm not quite sure why she does that, and she is the only one I really want to work with over there. I may have to change my plan for my last few weeks of rotations. It is finally snowing MI so people should be going 120 on the freeway:scared:

I was planning on using the "tuck and cover" technique.

Then springing the surprise.

Bernard does your sperm come with complimentary glasses?

oh and I had to post again to hit 1,500 posts bitches........I finally made......high five:thumbup:

13 interviews down........5-6 more to go.......i don't remember anymore. It's all a blur.... I've found myself hoping to stay at the more out of the way hotels off interstates than downtown hotels since the interstate hotels are a lot more quiet. Twice now we've stayed downtown (omaha, milwaukee) and just had all sorts of stuff happen at 4 am ranging from motorcycle gangs to siren choruses to loud drunk people watching tv really loud.

On a side note, I was toying with the idea of putting together a graduation edition of the Innominate...our last chance to bash/praise DMU. Would you be willing/anonymous contributors? I have about 13.4 million tokens left for use on the printers at school so this would be entirely unapproved by school. Thoughts?

On a side note, I was toying with the idea of putting together a graduation edition of the Innominate...our last chance to bash/praise DMU. Would you be willing/anonymous contributors? I have about 13.4 million tokens left for use on the printers at school so this would be entirely unapproved by school. Thoughts?

In.

I also would contribute rantin' and ravin' with casa hombre the finale.........On a side note I have solidified a back-up plan incase I don't match, but one more interview next week after doing two today. I can't wait for the next 10 weeks to fly by:)

I also would contribute rantin' and ravin' with casa hombre the finale.........On a side note I have solidified a back-up plan incase I don't match, but one more interview next week after doing two today. I can't wait for the next 10 weeks to fly by:)

You and me both, shipmate....jk

I'm going to enjoy being an asskicking Flight Surgeon.

I'm in for the un edited edition. Cream where do you have interviews left?

I interviewed for 2 internship positions today at places with DO NS programs. I have one NS interview because the program didn't do ERAS, and wasn't pleased with all their applicants, so they called me and another guy. I'm sure you can figure out the program but I'll tell you after my interview I'm not jinxing myself.........

I interviewed for 2 internship positions today at places with DO NS programs. I have one NS interview because the program didn't do ERAS, and wasn't pleased with all their applicants, so they called me and another guy. I'm sure you can figure out the program but I'll tell you after my interview I'm not jinxing myself.........

good luck

So....

May 19 - Schererville, IN
June 9 - San Francisco

Do you have street addresses for the reception places so I can set up a hotel in stumbling distance?

Oh, and Uncle Sam owns me proper on 11JUN07. With any luck I'll still make the Frisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.