DO 2012 Residency Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TamaraDO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I know it's still early, but was wondering if anyone has received interview invites yet. If so, could you please list where and when/how they sent out the invite? I have applied to 19 so far, had 10 download my application, and received 2 interviews. I'm totally neurotic, and wondering if this means none of the others are interested, or do most programs just wait till later to invite? Any input would be much appreciated!
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I know it's still early, but was wondering if anyone has received interview invites yet. If so, could you please list where and when/how they sent out the invite? I have applied to 19 so far, had 10 download my application, and received 2 interviews. I'm totally neurotic, and wondering if this means none of the others are interested, or do most programs just wait till later to invite? Any input would be much appreciated!
Thanks!!

I applied EM last year and didn't start getting interviews until late August/early September.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one in IM at Kent Hospital but applied to 12 places, 3 haven't downloaded. Hope to get some more soon because some of them have had my app downloaded since July 18! Anyone know if any other DO IM interview offers have been made?

im in the same boat as u, a lot of places have uploaded my apps but havent really heard back from anyone yet but im expecting to hear more info next week once the allopathic match opens as well

I just fully completed my ERAS app yesterday but so far 20 apps, 1 interview, 1 acknowledged that my application was received. (Side note: the programs I heard back from only required 2 LoR and I had been waiting for the 3rd up until yesterday to complete everything). I don't know what the other specialties timelines are but as for Gen Surg, and more specifically the 2 that have responded, their deadlines are pretty early with only 1-2 interview days. I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing back yet. It's still relatively early.

I just fully completed my ERAS app yesterday but so far 20 apps, 1 interview, 1 acknowledged that my application was received. (Side note: the programs I heard back from only required 2 LoR and I had been waiting for the 3rd up until yesterday to complete everything). I don't know what the other specialties timelines are but as for Gen Surg, and more specifically the 2 that have responded, their deadlines are pretty early with only 1-2 interview days. I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing back yet. It's still relatively early.

Last edited:
Any updates? Anyone get any other osteopathic interviews scheduled before the NRMP match opened today? I still have only heard from 1 place out of 12 after applying July 15 and am extremely nervous that there is some red flag I'm unaware of on my application.

I've heard from several saying they got my application and told me the time line of their process to review applications, etc. One place told me they don't give out the first round of interview invites until Oct. 1. Got 2 interview invites (besides the one from the place I did a rotation). But these are in Michigan, I'm not sure all the places you're applying but different places have different timelines of when they do things I imagine. I still have some places (in OH) that have not even downloaded my application. I'm thinking (and hoping) that September is the big month that they start looking more at applications and giving out interviews.

I've heard from several saying they got my application and told me the time line of their process to review applications, etc. One place told me they don't give out the first round of interview invites until Oct. 1. Got 2 interview invites (besides the one from the place I did a rotation). But these are in Michigan, I'm not sure all the places you're applying but different places have different timelines of when they do things I imagine. I still have some places (in OH) that have not even downloaded my application. I'm thinking (and hoping) that September is the big month that they start looking more at applications and giving out interviews.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I am waiting on Michigan too. I hadn't even received confirmation that they got my application so who knows what's up. Regardless, thank you for the input.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I am waiting on Michigan too. I hadn't even received confirmation that they got my application so who knows what's up. Regardless, thank you for the input.

Ah ok, well there are a ton of IM programs in MI, I've just heard from a few of them. There are more that I haven't heard anything from :) so don't worry!

Got my first osteopathic interview invites, Garden City and MSU/Kalamazoo. I know alot about Garden City, but not really sure about Kalamazoo... just applied to the program because it was in MI. Any input guys? this is for IM btw..

So far, I have ten interviews for family medicine:
8 DO, 2 MD.
I still have 1 letter of recc missing, and don't have either step 2 scores in yet.
I think it depends what type of program you are applying to: all of the programs I applied to are small rural programs that aren't very competitive.