Do-all Docs

Started by jjbiv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jjbiv

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which specialty comes closest to being able to "do it all?" Emergency med seems to be a good choice, although I wonder if a general surgeon can do all they can plus operate? Of course, medicine is a team effort, but who has that breadth (and hopefully some depth!) that characterizes a "jack of all trades?" Thank you!
 
I agree with FP. Sure EM covers everything, as does general surgery. But FP has got to fit in somewhere! I suppose the broad age range from pre-natal to care for the dying, OB, all that is really do it all I think. Of course procedurally surgeons do more, diagnostically radiologists and pathologists..well you get the picture.

What are you getting to here, do you want to practice in the middle of absolutely nowhere and be the only doc for hundreds of miles? Sounds like a plan to me.