Do all LORS must be in in order to be part of first batch??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubwestpua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all LORs must be saved in AADSAS so that the app is complete and is reviewed by adcoms??

Members don't see this ad.

Gotta have everything in.

So if I need a letter from a dentist to a certain school, I must have one in June to be in the first batch of this school. While for other schools where they do not require the dentist's' letter then I can be in the first batch as long as I have everything. correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your app will still be sent minus the LORs and schools have access to your app. When letters get in later, they are forwarded to complete your app. Some schools will look at your app minus the letters, some won't even open it until it's fully complete.

I doubt you get many interviews until its complete though.

Gotta have everything in.

Not true. Last cycle I was "first batch" in mid June without my committee LOR. It was still mailed out with first batch although dental schools won't look at it until they electronically receive your LOR's but its still in their hands. Being first batch really isn't that important as majority of schools don't start the process til mid-late July.

Not true. Last cycle I was "first batch" in mid June without my committee LOR. It was still mailed out with first batch although dental schools won't look at it until they electronically receive your LOR's but its still in their hands. Being first batch really isn't that important as majority of schools don't start the process til mid-late July.

Oh! I stand corrected. I bet it varies by school. :)

So if I need a letter from a dentist to a certain school, I must have one in June to be in the first batch of this school. While for other schools where they do not require the dentist's' letter then I can be in the first batch as long as I have everything. correct?

All of your letters have to be sent through AADSAS and EVERY letter you want to send will go to EVERY school. So, even if a dentist letter is not required by some schools you are applying to, they will still get it from AADSAS.

It is hard to imagine dental schools having a fairly large number of separate stacks of applications based on "batching".