Do all shadow & volunteer hours need to be completed before applying?

LittleMissFloss

Mar 2, 2011
  1. Dental Student
    As long as you are good about updating the schools that you applied to, it should be fine. I think it's good that you want to focus on the DAT but maybe doing 5 hours every other week could keep you focused on the bigger picture of everything. (I remember studying for DAT math thinking why do I need to know this?)
    From my experience, school's appreciate the updates and it shows that you are still interested.
    Hope that helps!

Riio21

Apr 6, 2012
    1. Pre-Dental
      Hey guys, I wanted to know your suggestions regarding my situation.
      Does it hinder your application is you have like 3 pre-reqs not finished ? I was planning to take physics 2 (which will reduce it to two) this summer plus study the DAT/do more shadowing and try to apply in early aug. But I feel it will be too much and wont put in good study time for the DAT! I dont know if I should just focus on the DAT and shadowing hours this summer then apply and finish up all the pre-reqs in the fall and spring....:s ??? Idk what to doo..........

Any advice would be amazing :) thanks !

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.