Do any applications ask if you are concurently applying to other professional schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryinghard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guyz, can you help me out with this one..

do medical school ask if you are concurently applying to other health care professions.

1.)is this asked on amcas

2.)is this asked on any secondaries.

3.)is this asked during interviews.

--how bad does it hurt you??

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if they'd ask this. Have never heard of it, anyway. I think they assume most people are only thinking about med school.

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty sure they dont ask on AMCAS...

it really depends what secondary you're filling out to answer the question... my hunch is that *most* secondaries dont ask it...

Now interviewers I dont think would ask it either because they want to know why you're interested in medicine... not why you're interested in something else...

but the question does come to mind , if you're applying to other professional schools, you've gotta think if you're heart is really in becoming a doctor in the first place...

just my $0.02 :D

It's definitely not on AMCAS. Out of 23 schools I applied to last year and a dozen interviews, the question never came up.

which schools did you interview at?

Columbia, Albany, SLU, Tulane, Jefferson, MCPH, OHSU, USC-Keck, UWSOM (Seattle), Vermont, Rochester, Tufts, Mt. Sinai (invited to W.F. but didn't go).