Do any guys or girls here skydive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BitingPlates

Make the machine excel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have jumped six times by static line, and can honestly say it is one of the most intense feelings ever and I plan to continue jumping. How many of you have jumped, and what do you have to say about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been twice, both tandem. I loved it. Was amazing. Can't wait to do it again. My next jump I want to pay a little extra and jump from 21000 feet...you need oxygen to do it and the place near me, skydive new england doesn't do jumps that high often.

my two cents though, if you're gonna keep jumping like you say you are, why don't you just fork over the two grand to get your license...then you can jump whenever you want for 20 bucks if you buy your own shute... enjoy!!!

I've been twice, both tandem. I loved it. Was amazing. Can't wait to do it again. My next jump I want to pay a little extra and jump from 21000 feet...you need oxygen to do it and the place near me, skydive new england doesn't do jumps that high often.

my two cents though, if you're gonna keep jumping like you say you are, why don't you just fork over the two grand to get your license...then you can jump whenever you want for 20 bucks if you buy your own shute... enjoy!!!

Well I have been paying 55.00 for the static. The cost to obtain a license is really expensive, and buying your own rig is not cheap. I think down the road I will get my own gear though. Jumping after finals or big tests is great stress reduction!

wrong forum

maybe we should change it to "Does anyone here pre-osteopathic skydive" ..just like the "pre-osteopathic lunch" thread:rolleyes:

maybe we should change it to "Does anyone here pre-osteopathic skydive" ..just like the "pre-osteopathic lunch" thread:rolleyes:

LOL

There's a big difference. Regular skydiving is mediocre, at best, while pre-osteo skydiving is awe-inspiring and very ninja-like.

No I don't because I like to live. ;)

No I don't because I like to live. ;)

I knew somebody would say that. Skydiving is much safer than people think, it is just very intimidating. Your in more danger riding a motorcyle or bicycle than jumping out of a plane.

I knew somebody would say that. Skydiving is much safer than people think, it is just very intimidating. Your in more danger riding a motorcyle or bicycle than jumping out of a plane.

That's why I don't ride a motorcycle or bicycle either. ;)

I totally loved it when I went and would love to jump again (and again) but my finances are not going to allow me to go as often as I would like. Apparently my wife thinks buying food is more important than death-defying jumps from 10-15,000 feet.

That's why I don't ride a motorcycle or bicycle either. ;)
Do you work out a lot and eat healthy?

I would love to go skydiving. There is a big difference between living and just being "not dead"

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you work out a lot and eat healthy?

I would love to go skydiving. There is a big difference between living and just being "not dead"

No and no. Well I'm working on the trying to eat healthy and working out more. Once we move we will be getting a treadmill and I think my husband plans to get a weighlifting bench type thing for home. Due to a medical "condition" I decided to forego my plans for using weights, etc. at least until I see a doctor. I think you should come to AZ and be my personal trainer. ;)

This is in the wrong forum. Nonetheless, it takes your mind off of the application for awhile.

In answering to the OP, I have skydived a couple of times before. The experience was really breath taking, so much better than parasailing or zip-lining.

To those who questions it's safety, it is very safe. For beginner, I would recommend the indoor skydiving. They have a huge fan/propeller below you and it teaches you how to glide, float, etc.

This is the wrong forum, but honestly, who gives a ****? Its not that big a deal, so just loosen your ****ing panties for a few minutes and relax.

LOL

There's a big difference. Regular skydiving is mediocre, at best, while pre-osteo skydiving is awe-inspiring and very ninja-like.

don't forget the voodoo that we do once we've hit about 700 feet.

I totally loved it when I went and would love to jump again (and again) but my finances are not going to allow me to go as often as I would like. Apparently my wife thinks buying food is more important than death-defying jumps from 10-15,000 feet.

Haha. Food is overated. I haven't jumped in a while because of finances myself.

I want to go skydiving, although I do have a fear of heights LOL. Not sure how that would work out.

LOL

I get the image of someone doing manipulations while falling at terminal velocity...

As for my answer, not yet. But its in the cards...

I've always wanted to go skydiving. Maybe after my MCAT I'll feel like jumping out of an airplane in some fashion or another.

anyone plan on performing OMM while skydiving, it could be a two for one practice...

Great motivation!

BTW Sparda are you pursuing all of your "plans" simultaneously?

Well, I'm leaning towards Pharmacy after taking the MCAT, which was really going to be the deciding factor. But if I don't get into Touro for 2008, then I'm going to apply broadly and make a decision about it later on, instead of applying only to Pharmacy and then regretting about not applying to medical schools a year from now.

Update: I went on my first tandem jump 3 months ago and I loved it. There's a video on Youtube of it, but y'all are gonna have to find it if you wanna see me, lol.

I am planning on taking the accelerated free-fall classes in the Spring. Maybe even moonlight as a skydiving instructor.

Tandem jumper checking in.

Nothing else rustles your jimmies like diving out of a plane.