Do any of you guys smoke?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, as i said, you guys are a riot. If it makes you feel any better though i suck at relationships so, i'll probably die alone too. Although, i must say i kind of like your angle....hadn't though of it before.

shocking :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Ruc, nobody gives a damn how healthy you are. The government should not be in the business of banning substances that harm nobody but the person enjoying them. Secondhand smoke is no threat if you smoke outside and most places of business have laws against smoking indoors. We all have our vices (except you, who are the golden child), nobody has the right to tell people what to do to their own bodies.

I'm fine with that as long as your insurance rates are drastically higher relative to mine. You lung-killer you.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s part of our constitution that religious beliefs do not take part in the way things are run. Personal lifestyle beliefs and the beliefs of a select few doesn’t happen to be part of it. Maybe you might need to go find your passport and look for somewhere to move?

Religious beliefs are personal lifestyle beliefs, that was the point.

RUc10 said:
No… no one is going to hold you at gunpoint and say breathe in my second hand smoke or else. However, maybe you haven’t been outside in the last century? It’s inevitable that you will run in to smokers.

I also believe that a large percentage of those who have health problems from second hand smoke are children that live in the house with adults who are smokers. Maybe we shouldn’t let smokers reproduce. I think most of us are aware what happens when you smoke and are pregnant as well…

I know, I live in San Fran and its inevitable that I will encounter gay people holding hands. I believe a large percentage of those who go to hell are gay people and they raise their kids to accept homosexuality. Maybe we shouldn't let gay people adopt kids. I think most of us religious folks are aware what happens when you are gay and you raise kids.

RUc10 said:
Speaking of reasoning classes… Lets revert to the 5 year-old method of arguing. Provide an example that we clearly know the reason why it isn’t correct but at least it gives us some sort of “proof” that we can use in our argument.

Oh... my bad. I thought everyone knew what an analogy was. They've only been an acceptable method of argumentation since the time of Plato and Aristotle. I didn't know those went out the door along with critical thinking and reason in general.

RUc10 said:
I can do that too… Several people have died from a water overdose. Maybe we should ban water and all beverages containing it

So you are proving my point for me?

RUc10 said:
That’s also aside from the fact that cars don’t kill people. ******ed people that don’t know how to drive do.

How long have you been sitting on this information?

RUc10 said:
Maybe we should outlaw idiots from this country

Maybe... but then again, that would mean you'd be declared persona non-grata.

RUc10 said:
Mine’s was better than yours.
Me > you.
You = wrong

red_forman.jpg

I hope someone got that

"I want a f*cking gay-free side walk and boardwalk, and restaurants and starbucks too and everything else when I walk. I don't want to be offended and suffer the long-term ramifications to my health by getting stressed out by seeing gay people walk around hand in hand."

Oh cbrons... people choose to smoke. They don't choose to be gay.

If something is a source of stress for you, and you encounter it often, then it will definitely have negative physical effects on your health. Stress and health are intricately related. Next.

:p Stretch.

Religious beliefs are personal lifestyle beliefs, that was the point.

I know, I live in San Fran and its inevitable that I will encounter gay people holding hands. I believe a large percentage of those who go to hell are gay people and they raise their kids to accept homosexuality. Maybe we shouldn't let gay people adopt kids. I think most of us religious folks are aware what happens when you are gay and you raise kids.

Oh... my bad. I thought everyone knew what an analogy was. They've only been an acceptable method of argumentation since the time of Plato and Aristotle. I didn't know those went out the door along with critical thinking and reason in general.

So you are proving my point for me?
.[/color]

How long have you been sitting on this information?

.[/color]

Maybe... but then again, that would mean you'd be declared persona non-grata.
.[/color]

red_forman.jpg

I hope someone got that

oh really? and please tell me what it is that happens when you are gay and raise kids?

Oh cbrons... people choose to smoke. They don't choose to be gay.

They do? Is nicotine not addictive? Many people in this country would argue that smoking isn't a choice. Many people in this country would argue that being gay IS a choice. Of course, I wouldn't argue either...

The point is, the choice behind the action doesn't render my argument any weaker since my whole premise is that people should have the right to make that choice in the first place... so, even if being gay was a choice someone could make, that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to make that choice anyway.

Stress and physical health aren't connected? Oh

We all have stress sometimes. For some people, it happens before having to speak in public. For other people, it might be before a first date. What causes stress for you may not be stressful for someone else. Sometimes stress is helpful – it can encourage you to meet a deadline or get things done. But long-term stress can increase the risk of diseases like depression, heart disease and a variety of other problems (1)

(1) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/stress.html

oh really? and please tell me what it is that happens when you are gay and raise kids?

Main Entry: sat·ire
Pronunciation: \ˈsa-ˌtī(-<)r\
Function:noun
Etymology:Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough
Date:1501

1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

Main Entry: sat·ire
Pronunciation: \ˈsa-ˌtī(-<)r\
Function:noun
Etymology:Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough
Date:1501

1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

And now you know.

And KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

They do? Is nicotine not addictive? Many people in this country would argue that smoking isn't a choice. Many people in this country would argue that being gay IS a choice. Of course, I wouldn't argue either.....

Completely unrelated to the previous discussion but,

Are you saying gay loving is addictive...?

*imagines a guy talking to a cig*
"I just don't know how to quit you!!"

:D

That's so hypocritical. You've never done ANYTHING unhealthy? Never drank excessively? Never gouged on fried chicken? Maybe you're the self-righteous one.

As with everything, smoking in manageable amounts has, *gasp*, some potential benefits! For one, smoking reduces your risk of Parkinson's disease.

Ritz B et al., Arch Neurol. 2007;64(7):990-997.

People love to hear good news about their bad habits!

haha fair enough.. didn't realize the satire.. D'OH!

Whatever guys this is like so trivial let's smoke some weed~!!!!

if I was gay, my boyfriends would say that it is

wooo woooo!

:roflcopter::banana:

okay buddy, you had enough for one night, I'm going to take away your keys now...;)

This thread has strayed far from the topic. It's doing nothing to answer the OP's question. I'm going to go ahead and take those keys now before someone gets hurt.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.