DO/Chiropractor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the library is named after synder. He can be a bit of a troll but I am pretty sure he goes to pcom

That makes sense then... lol... I never go to the library. I hate libraries, even knowing that I would probably study better in one... Good to know seeing as I'll be giving a tour to potentials in T-minus 2 weeks ;)

btw, thanks for handing it to me so gracefully Jonny :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

God I have to find out who commanderriker is now. I think I'm just gonna start emailing everyone in my class...

It's so hard to get over considering he writes "P.C.O.M." I'm still a skeptic.

Alas...This argument provides no benefit to anyone...when in fact our primary concerns as healthcare professionals should be the patient's well-being...

Whether you decide to go for a doctorate in osteopathic medicine...or a doctorate in chiropractic medicine...should be purely based on how you would like to practice...

If you go the DO route...you're scope of practice is much wider...however, the education required of a DO as well as an MD is on average about 2-3 times longer than that of a DC...

A doctor of chiropractic is in general better suited to treat neuro-musculo-skeletal disorders and are in general are better manipulators because they get more practice and exposure...than doctors of osteopathic medicine...

No matter what degree you go for...decide on one that'll get you what you want in the long run...not what sounds good right now...

I chose a doctor of chiropractic degree program because it was 3.5 years...less malpractice...the lifestyle after school would allow me the freedom for a family and practice and community involvement that I wanted...

My father and uncle are MDs...My cousin is a DO...My brother is in medical school...so as for most of the people posting on this thread...I keep an open mind and provide a less biased opinion with a supportive background...

So choose what makes you happy...not what everyone else wants...
But research the schools...whether it is medical...osteopathic...or chiropractic school...research!!! Do not ask opinions, but look at course schedules...manuals...curriculum...and percentages of success on board/licensure exams...

Good Luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure why this post got brought back up, nor do I want my opinion thrown in as I am neither an osteopathic physician nor a chiropractor and I would hate to get flamed :laugh:. However, looking into the book "The D.O.'s" provides a really good explanation of the differences in the foundation and manipulative techniques between the two branches of practice.

Any thread resurrected with JPH is alright by me. :p

DCs are quacks and not real doctors. DO's learn OMT as a component of their medical education, whereas DCs learn a non-medically based manipulation with a bunch of other crap. Do not go to a DC. I'm not trolling, this is fact.

DCs are quacks and not real doctors. DO's learn OMT as a component of their medical education, whereas DCs learn a non-medically based manipulation with a bunch of other crap. Do not go to a DC. I'm not trolling, this is fact.

Gee, that's not a broad generalization or anything, is it? Real mature.

Quacks is a little strong of a phrasing. If they stay within a reasonable scope then they can be a valuable aspect to the patient. Its when they start going outside of that role and making outlandish claims that they shift into the quack realm.

I think a lot of people benefit from DC care, but I am NOT one of them. When I was younger my family had a DC they saw for different neck and back pains and I remember going to him, feeling better for like 3-4 hours after an adjustment, and then exactly the same. It wasn't until much later that I finally threw in the towel on Chiro.

Oh yeah? DD Palmer was a chump and did a ****ty job plagiarizing my home boy AT Still. DC is whack, we all know it. DCs simply provide temporary pain relief via cracks and pops, which then causes a whole host of different problems as they do not understand the body properly. Its a profession that will be marginalized contrary to what wikipedia said in my search. hahahahaha

MD's could say the same thing about DO's, homeopathic docs could say something along the lines how pharmaceuticals are just not as efficacious as the natural/herbal derivatives. My point is that you show blatant disregard to a profession you have no knowledge about period. My advise, don't bash other professions..its flat out disrespectful! Even if you had dual degrees...just try your best to express your point of view through facts not just some anecdotal statements.

actually, no. I do have knowledge regarding chiropractic education. ancedotal statements make life great. haha

Alas...This argument provides no benefit to anyone...when in fact our primary concerns as healthcare professionals should be the patient's well-being...

Whether you decide to go for a doctorate in osteopathic medicine...or a doctorate in chiropractic medicine...should be purely based on how you would like to practice...

If you go the DO route...you're scope of practice is much wider...however, the education required of a DO as well as an MD is on average about 2-3 times longer than that of a DC...

A doctor of chiropractic is in general better suited to treat neuro-musculo-skeletal disorders and are in general are better manipulators because they get more practice and exposure...than doctors of osteopathic medicine...

No matter what degree you go for...decide on one that'll get you what you want in the long run...not what sounds good right now...

I chose a doctor of chiropractic degree program because it was 3.5 years...less malpractice...the lifestyle after school would allow me the freedom for a family and practice and community involvement that I wanted...

My father and uncle are MDs...My cousin is a DO...My brother is in medical school...so as for most of the people posting on this thread...I keep an open mind and provide a less biased opinion with a supportive background...

So choose what makes you happy...not what everyone else wants...
But research the schools...whether it is medical...osteopathic...or chiropractic school...research!!! Do not ask opinions, but look at course schedules...manuals...curriculum...and percentages of success on board/licensure exams...

Good Luck...

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg