DO course retake question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mavs88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I took an intro Humanities course a few years ago at my first university and made a D...for the dumbest personal reasons.

Anyway, I am now at a different 4 year school and want to retake that course for GPA repair. I know it's not science and not a pre-req but I really want an A to replace it. Problem is that my current university only offers the course to honors students and I am not about to go through that process and to add even more requirements to my graduation plan.

The local community college does offer the course though and most conveniently, as an online course.

Some questions:

1) will the course still be replaced for GPA if it is the exact same class...even if it's not at the same school?

2) Are online courses...if even a non-science and non-preq looked down on?

3) Is it worth retaking? It really could take my final DO GPA to like a 3.9 (long way ahead, but some context).

4) Will it be bad to add a course at yet a different institution onto my record? Currently at my 3rd undergrad school (two unis and one cc)...this would just be one course at this new cc though.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Yes it will be replaced IF their descriptions and names are similar enough (even not in same school)
2. online for non-science and non-prereq are perfectly fine..
3. what's your initial GPA? 3.9 is way more than enough to get in
4. it's fine as long as they are accreditted.

thanks for the reply! My calculated/pipedream final GPA with some grade replacement would be about 3.78 and replacing this D with an A would take me to 3.86. Although it doesn't matter as much anymore cause I found out TCOM (my state's DO school) doesn't do GR lol.

Best shot for OOS DO schools? I'd probably apply to 30 schools total and every school in TX being on of them, so likely just OOS DO after TX.