DO day on the hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNE2009LMD

DocSmiles
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What exactly is "DO day on the hill"? Anybody participated in this?? I'd like your insights. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

It's a lobbying event.

Last year we lobbied for our individual state. The topics were physician liability reform and government loan increases. It was a little disappoitning because most congress members were on vacation. Hopefully we can get a day that has them actually in session. Overall it was really neat and the SOMA conference was the same weekend. Got to sightsee alot. I would suggest going, because I felt it was pretty cool. Also, it made me feel like I was doing something for the profession, no matter how effective it was.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO day on the hill last year was pretty boring as the previous poster posted above.

It was good to see that all the DO school sent in reps... however, it lack cohesion between students from different schools... kind of like school pride and such and see who can send in more kids to represent. Of course NYCOM had 3 bus load of kids like always.

Did anyone go to AOA convention ? similar to DO day on the hill, but I think more fun... I didn't go... was in Vegas, so wanted to know what people thought.

We sent a whole bus load of kids down from UNECOM last year, and i've got to say that it was pretty fun. We met with staff from both of Maine's senators and congressmen (our out-of-state classmates met with those from their homestates), and then hung out in DC. I got the worst blisters I've ever had from walking around (in april! in open toed shoes! and short sleeves!), but I really had a great time.

The maine osteopathic association, I believe, paid for the whole thing. It was a long bus ride, but I think a very good experience.

I agree, I wish we would have had more cooperation between schools. Of course the closest schools had the most people (NYCOM, VCOM, etc.). I think we ended up with 800 OMS, right?