Do Dental Schools Ever Offer to Pay for your Travel Expenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentista1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any of the schools that offered them an interview also offer to pay for travel expenses? I thought they may do this for people they REALLY wanted or people who had their fees paid by AADSAS and asked to be considered for disadvantaged status. I was just wondering if this has happened for anyone or if anyone has ever heard of it happening.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure but there are schools who offer phone interviews so you don't have to fly out...

Has anyone had any of the schools that offered them an interview also offer to pay for travel expenses? I thought they may do this for people they REALLY wanted or people who had their fees paid by AADSAS and asked to be considered for disadvantaged status. I was just wondering if this has happened for anyone or if anyone has ever heard of it happening.

I have never heard of this before.... not saying it doesn't happen, but super improbable. This is a very competitive professional program, so for every well qualified applicant that turns down the school, there are 100 more waiting for an acceptance letter.

Dental schools are not top tier law firms "wining and dining" potential clients. They don't need the business that bad, their seats will always be full of good paying customers... erm i mean students.

Furthermore, i have had several friends that have had 22+ DAT, 4.0 GPA, with monster EC lists that had to pay for interviews like everyone else. This includes a buddy who scored a 28 and had 3 publications.