This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fan2342

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So Nova has this DO/DMD program and I am interested in both medicine and dentistry. I also would like to help my parents with their debt because they have provided a lot for me. Is the DO/DMD a good business option? Apart from the science and helping people which is obviously a factor, I am wondering about the business benefits. Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The reason why Dentistry is still such a great career is because its not a medical speciality. I don't think the line between dentistry and medicine needs to be blurred.
 
If you're in it for the money, get a MBA, go to dental school, graduate, and open up an Aspen Dental franchise; who doesn't love communistic dentistry?

If you're interested in medicine and dentistry, realize that dentistry is a form of medicine.. or be good enough for an OMS residency. Plus, then you'll make the big bucks.