DO-Friendly Derm Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peanutbutterprincess

Reaction score
hi
yes i know its hard but DO students do match. can yall drop the names of some programs that historically match DOs for derm? i know HCA Florida Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME Largo Hospital Program and Broward do. any more?

Members don't see this ad.

DO derm matches are gonna be the former AOA programs. I don’t know how often DOs match into MD derm.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In 2022, 35 out of 63 DOs matched derm (page 44 of the PDF).

Yeah, but IDK how many of those 35 programs are traditionally ACGME vs. traditionally AOA. My understanding is that a traditional ACGME derm match is pretty rare on the DO side. Could be totally wrong.

oh okay so i should be looking at these: https://www.aocd.org/general/custom.asp?page=residencyprograms2

thank u so much i literally dont know anything lol

and i know that the DO/MD residencies merged, but you are saying that the historically DO residencies are probably more friendly to DO students right?

Yes, historically DO residencies. Derm is still a huge PITA to match whether you're an MD or DO.

The easiest way to know is how many spots were filled by DOs at those historical sites versus total number of matched people