DO friendly programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNA-RL

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one out there know of any DO friendly Allopathic ortho programs??

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

mcg is or was...there are DOs in their program

I'd say that if a program offers you an interview, they are considering you equal to MD applicants and therefore "DO friendly".

I received interviews at:
- Med Coll of Georgia* (DO residents)
- Mayo* (have taken DOs previously)
- Case Western
- Univ of Nebraska
- Univ of Rochester
- UMKC
- Mount Carmel
- Med Coll of Wisconsin
- Union Memorial* (DO fellow)
- Banner Good Samaritan
- Henry Ford

Waitlisted at:
- Dartmouth* (PD is a DO)
- Cleveland Clinic* (DO resident)

Besides the older/traditional programs (Hopkins, Duke, UNC, etc.), I think most are DO friendly or willing to accept a DO if you can prove yourself on boards, clinicals, class rank, research, etc.

Best of luck, if you have any other questions let me know.

CP

Members don't see this ad :)
So were you able to match at any of these places?

Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY has a current 3rd year ortho resident who is a DO.

sure do. here are the options..

1) They don't offer you an interview at all
2) They offer more interviews than they have spots for, so if you call a little too late and all of the interview days (or at least the ones that work in your schedule) are full, they put you on a waiting list for cancellations late in the season.
3) They don't offer you an interview in the first couple of rounds, but don't reject you either, and put you on a waiting list for spots later on in the season (they usually e-mail you about this).

sure do. here are the options..

1) They don't offer you an interview at all
2) They offer more interviews than they have spots for, so if you call a little too late and all of the interview days (or at least the ones that work in your schedule) are full, they put you on a waiting list for cancellations late in the season.
3) They don't offer you an interview in the first couple of rounds, but don't reject you either, and put you on a waiting list for spots later on in the season (they usually e-mail you about this).

Admittedly I dropped out of the NRMP early due to the military match, but all I ever had were offers and rejections. Never had a "full" situation. That sucks.

oh yeah, there were a couple of interviews that i missed out on because i called in 3 hours after the e-mail was sent out. not sure why they do that, send out more interview offers than spots.

So were you able to match at any of these places?

Not me personally, but we had a guy match at the Cleveland Clinic for ortho