Do grades matter for non-residency jobs?

Started by Pharm0307
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm0307

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do your grades in pharmacy school matter if you're looking for a position other than a residency after graduation? (For instance, a community pharmacist or an entry-level staff pharmacist at a hospital) Do employers for these types of positions even look at your transcript? I've had to repeat a course in pharmacy school and am wondering if this will disadvantage me when I look for a job after graduation. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ehh...Ima buck the system and add a GPA section on the online application for staff positions.

👍
 
ehh...Ima buck the system and add a GPA section on the online application for staff positions.

👍

While I don't think it hurts you, I think that applicants that tend to volunteer that information on their resume are helped by it. But again, its only 1 of many factors that influence job selection.