Do I break up with her?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he was looking for Pre-Meds/MS-I's to chime in that might be in a similar situation... hmmm... where would he maybe find those people... oh yeah SDN!

Oh, get a grip. Whatever he was looking for, he exposed his character to all of us when he posted what he did. After two years with a girl, he should have enough respect for her to either break up with her if he doesn't love her or to treat her better than posting about her personality "flaws" on a message board.

I'm an MS1. I've been with my fiance for years now, both long distance and in the same town. We're getting married at Christmas. If you truly love someone, you'll come up with more pros than just her looks, her money, and her sex drive. Not one word about her personality until we get to the "con" list. What does that say?

Members don't see this ad.

Just have to say... your grammar/spelling kind of sucks. I know it's the title of a Shakira song but it's spelled "wolf" unless you're talking about the author. Since it's stuck as your username, you should play it off like it was intentional and say To the Lighthouse is your favorite book.

It is woolf, as in Virginia WOOLF, the author not that it's any of your business :smuggrin:
and I also love shakira and have a she crush on her :D not that it's your business...

GOD! Some people gripe about the most stupid sh6t. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, get a grip. Whatever he was looking for, he exposed his character to all of us when he posted what he did. After two years with a girl, he should have enough respect for her to either break up with her if he doesn't love her or to treat her better than posting about her personality "flaws" on a message board.

I'm an MS1. I've been with my fiance for years now, both long distance and in the same town. We're getting married at Christmas. If you truly love someone, you'll come up with more pros than just her looks, her money, and her sex drive. Not one word about her personality until we get to the "con" list. What does that say?

:thumbup:

I've heard people say nicer things about prostitutes.
sheez

If he wanted honest advice he should have prevented sounding like such a douche in the first post
and then again in every post after that

MSB---Thanks for understanding. It is amazing to me how uptight people on here are. Couple more responses:

a) "Raging" is drinking heavily and acting otherwise out of control. Raging activities include playing 21 cup at 9 am for about 8 hours, bonging beers underwater, jamming out to Akon while you booze/tan on your roof with hot girls, going to sporting events 3 hours early so you can sit in the front row and taunt opposing players during warmups, using a limo as preferred way of traveling, having a dance party in a cab while you crush a case on the way to bars, football on the beach, I can go on and on. It is pretty much being awesome.

b) I want to know what kind of people you all are? I have a feeling you ahave been pretty lame in college and missed out on a lot. I hope you can make up for this at sometime in your life. Have any of you ever done anything you regretted? Being premed and having fun are not mutually exclusive.

c) This was actually a serious question but it has turned into a joke. Because none of you can even fathom this kind of behavoir, the concept that sex is awesome, or the concept of being unsure about asking a girl to move in with you to medical school--I am positive you cannot give any advice.

This is what every normal person goes through when it is about time to propose to his GF.

I have heard that med students are lame, and this forum seems to confirm it.

YOU. ARE. NOT. GOING. TO WIN.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm going to keep watching cuz I know this isn't going to end well...Attack of the nerds in 5..4..3..2..1..

We would have been good friends in college....

The thing is you are not proposing to your gf...If you were, this would be different story. If I were you, why don't you take a break from this girl. Get it all out of your system, and if she's still around get back together with her.....

I actually agree with this too. Talk it over with the girl and see if a break from the relationship is the best for both of you. After a year or whatever period of time you want, you can re-evaluate if being with her is the best thing for BOTH of you.

Honestly though, you're going to have to start considering HER and her feelings other than just what YOU want. Relationships are a two way street with a lot more stops than sex and money (as awesome as they are lol) otherwise you're looking at multiple divorces in your future.

And this is just me, but I'd respect my man a lot more if HE paid for stuff (at least primarily), not me. If he can't afford it, it would be totally cool with me to do free/cheap things instead. Living off of your girlfriend (different if you were actually married) is most definitely NOT sexy.

also, I actually really enjoyed When Harry met Sally...its pretty funny/cute. I love that their relationship evolves slowly over time.

p.s. and just because people didn't "rage" in college doesn't mean they're lame. I don't need to be drunk to have fun. I tend to value building relationships with people rather than working on destroying my liver. That doesn't mean I don't party, but I frankly don't find boozing it up in the AM that smart or admirable. I am curious though as to why football on the beach is considered "raging". I've seen 50 yo do that...

It is woolf, as in Virginia WOOLF, the author not that it's any of your business :smuggrin:
and I also love shakira and have a she crush on her :D not that it's your business...

GOD! Some people gripe about the most stupid sh6t. :mad:

rotflol

Girls, I am going to defend the OP, and retract your claws. He is a guy, 24 years old. He likes to get drunk, and have drunk sex. Not that unusual. He probably is intelligent, but that does not translate into maturity. He is still in his frat boy mode. Frat boys are immature.

Women mature faster. Emotionally. They have to mature quicker, because biologically, they have to be prepared to give birth and care for a child. Guys in their late teens and early twenties, just want to get laid, sorry, that is how it works.

So, ladies, you need to have some judgment regarding who you mate with.

The OP, is not mating material now, but when he is in his early thirties, he may be awesome, and a great father. Give him some time to grow up.

He may grow up and make a great husband and father in the future. Give the poor boy some time. Most guys are not there at 24 or 25. Most girls probably are.

Girls, I am going to defend the OP, and retract your claws. He is a guy, 24 years old. He likes to get drunk, and have drunk sex. Not that unusual. He probably is intelligent, but that does not translate into maturity. He is still in his frat boy mode. Frat boys are immature.

Women mature faster. Emotionally. They have to mature quicker, because biologically, they have to be prepared to give birth and care for a child. Guys in their late teens and early twenties, just want to get laid, sorry, that is how it works.

The OP, is not mating material now, but when he is in his early thirties, he may be awesome, and a great father. Give him some time to grow up.

He may grow up and make a great husband and father in the future. Give the poor boy some time. Most guys are not there at 24 or 25. Most girls probably are.

This post alternatively makes me :laugh: and :thumbup:

you got into med school??

Yes, I am graduating in 2011. Just trying to give you a reality check about men and women in their early twenties. Not trying to be politically correct. If if offends you, sorry, I did not create the human genome.

I know we would have been. If you didn't rage and slay in college, I don't know what else you would do. That is what college is all about.

I don't think that this necessarily doesn't make me "mating material" either. In fact, plenty of women have wanted to mate with me.

We would have been good friends in college....

The thing is you are not proposing to your gf...If you were, this would be different story. If I were you, why don't you take a break from this girl. Get it all out of your system, and if she's still around get back together with her.....

I'm guessing you're together out of necessity. Sorry about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know we would have been. If you didn't rage and slay in college, I don't know what else you would do. That is what college is all about.

I don't think that this necessarily doesn't make me "mating material" either. In fact, plenty of women have wanted to mate with me.

Yeah, you've confirmed it.

I must sarcastically agree. I myself only am attending college to pound out strange vagina and drink till my liver fails.

There's a huge difference between raging and "slaying" (I prefer the term plowing) and having casual strange sex and drinking. Seriously, you sound like a d-bag whether you do it on purpose or not. You shouldn't be talking about raging or slaying during a 2 year relationship.

Watch MTV's is she really going out with him.

Plus-Size-Cover-300x300.jpg

Dang, no offense but based on this statement, I'm wondering if you've ever been in a good long-term loving relationship. If not, thats ok but you definitely don't sound ready to be in one if this is your attitude.

I think you may be confusing 'mate' with mere casual sex.

How'd you do on the MCAT, broski?

I think ( or this may just be a personal bias) that searun meant "mate" as in have babies and a life with. I think that was why he said you wouldn't be good "mating material". If we use the simple sex definition of "mate", it sounds like yeah you'd be good for one night stand that is based purely on sex and you don't bother to exchange phone numbers except for a possible booty call.

What you should be sorry about is the fact that you're devoid of any depth whatsoever, emotional and otherwise, which is why you couldn't grasp the meaning of my post and resorted to posting something that makes no sense in the context of the exchange.

What you should be sorry about is the fact that you're devoid of any depth whatsoever, emotional and otherwise.

Yep you got me. I'll go try to fill my voids now.

This post has validity.

@OP...As long as David Yurman is considered a serious jewelry expenditure, you not ready to propose to anyone. lol

You're probably just freaking out on some level about the massive impending changes and she's familiar and comfortable right now.

a) "Raging" is drinking heavily and acting otherwise out of control. Raging activities include playing 21 cup at 9 am for about 8 hours, bonging beers underwater, jamming out to Akon while you booze/tan on your roof with hot girls, going to sporting events 3 hours early so you can sit in the front row and taunt opposing players during warmups, using a limo as preferred way of traveling, having a dance party in a cab while you crush a case on the way to bars, football on the beach, I can go on and on. It is pretty much being awesome.

LOL @ Akon. It's all about Weezy - you'd know this if you were a true rager and not just a wannabe.

And since you are broke, I'm assuming your girlfriend pays for this.

OP. I'm a sympathizer. (minus the fascism--very unbecoming for a good vagina slayer. And if you don't mind a bit amateurish. A consummate cosmopolitan sampler of all things vagina would always be open to disparate viewpoints. Feminist p@ssy is still fantastic.) But take this from a semi-retired player/congratulater.

This hostility. Is the scorn of the underlaid. And the fearful. You can't piss on the furniture of the pairing/breeding population. And escape the discomfort they feel in your presence. After all you question the basic assumptions at work. That we learn to forget about wanting to f@ck strangers in storage closets just because we've stated vows to the contrary.

Your being subsumed in an angry weanyish competitive culture. If you want to be taken seriously. Transform your playerism into something more palatable to the people you'll be surrounded by. Think Sean Connery. That's a p@ssy gettin mf'er.

Rage in silent. Or find some close buddies and keep it under wraps. Haters abound.

As for your girl. My guess is that this one will hurt. To pull yourself away clean your gonna pull some roots out too. It might be the right thing and you may still regret it. Nothing clean about this things. Messy it will be.

Carry on padawan.

hahahahha .... I actually laughed out loud reading that :thumbup:

OP. I'm a sympathizer. (minus the fascism--very unbecoming for a good vagina slayer. And if you don't mind a bit amateurish. A consummate cosmopolitan sampler of all things vagina would always be open to disparate viewpoints. Feminist p@ssy is still fantastic.) But take this from a semi-retired player/congratulater.

This hostility. Is the scorn of the underlaid. And the fearful. You can't piss on the furniture of the pairing/breeding population. And escape the discomfort they feel in your presence. After all you question the basic assumptions at work. That we learn to forget about wanting to f@ck strangers in storage closets just because we've stated vows to the contrary.

Your being subsumed in an angry weanyish competitive culture. If you want to be taken seriously. Transform your playerism into something more palatable to the people you'll be surrounded by. Think Sean Connery. That's a p@ssy gettin mf'er.

Rage in silent. Or find some close buddies and keep it under wraps. Haters abound.

As for your girl. My guess is that this one will hurt. To pull yourself away clean your gonna pull some roots out too. It might be the right thing and you may still regret it. Nothing clean about this things. Messy it will be.

Carry on padawan.

wow.. If you are real, I envy you so much.

I just want to get in somewhere and hopefully date someone there.

do not **** where you eat.

LOL @ Akon. It's all about Weezy - you'd know this if you were a true rager and not just a wannabe.

Weezy is getting b^tt poked in the pokey and that's who you like to man dance too? :laugh:

Explain how you have been "slaying" woman while in a long distant relationship that you said you were faithful to?? I think those two statements are a bit contradictory...

If you are talking to me...I am very real. I am thinking very hard about this decision, and that is why I have been on the forum all day look for advice.

Nasrum, you are right, it will be very messy. One way or the other.
As far as the weezy comment, I am a huge weezy fan. great music to rage to.

However, the difference between weezy and akon to girls is like the difference between the outgoing/nice guy who has serious game and the ******* jock that tries to just dominate. Both have their places. I have found though that Akon has a much higher ROI in group coed settings.

I will also add that the new song "BedRock" has worked wonders for many of my friends. That is like wearing a pink checker Brooks Brothers button down with a Movado and a pair of Aviators. Panties seem to fall down left and right.

wow.. If you are real, I envy you so much.

I just want to get in somewhere and hopefully date someone there.

Pre-relationship bro.

Explain how you have been "slaying" woman while in a long distant relationship that you said you were faithful to?? I think those two statements are a bit contradictory...

sooo is liking bad music a criterion for raging :confused:... how is this fun again? silly me for missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.