deleted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denteal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that yes I have taken upper level bio classes including physiology and anatomy.

You need more oos friendly schools, such as Louisville, University of Kentucky, University of Wisconsin, Indiana... Don't apply because I mentioned. Look their mission/website and see if you fit their school. I like that you performed well in DAT based on your GPA, adcoms will note that.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if im reading this wrong, but have you shadowed a dentist?

Yes I have! , 112 hours with a general dentist. I wrote it in my ECs but very briefly.
Oh great! Honestly, the only thing that is holding you back is your GPA. If I were you, id do some volunteering at clinics/get a dental related job this cycle. Have you looked into schools like Meharry and Howard? I think you'll be able to get some interviews

You might be able to get in but it'll be very selective. Some schools may want to see you attend a master's program to demonstrate the ability to handle a curriculum similar to dental school.

The reason why it may be difficult for schools to accept you is the first year of Dental School is very challenging. How do they know you won't stagger like how you did in your first year in undergrad?

Good luck. Your DAT scores show a lot of promise.

Ho
You might be able to get in but it'll be very selective. Some schools may want to see you attend a master's program to demonstrate the ability to handle a curriculum similar to dental school.

The reason why it may be difficult for schools to accept you is the first year of Dental School is very challenging. How do they know you won't stagger like how you did in your first year in undergrad?

Good luck. Your DAT scores show a lot of promise.

I still have my senior year to hopefully pull up my GPA even more. I dont think that what happened during my freshman year would happen again simply because I was still young, living alone for the first time, and diagnosed with a chronic illness I had no clue how to manage. It wasn't more of the school that messed me up but rather the life; im in much more control of that now than then. But I would understand their concern.

Do you know what I can do to express more interest or show my instate school that their my number 1 choice?

Also thank you on the DAT, i appreciate it :)

Apply to AT Still because they greatly value community service, which aligns with your value. I'm also super big into community service and I talked to their admissions staff on the phone. They were super nice and helpful. Also send in a rec letter from your community service experience -- they strongly recommend that.

You should apply this cycle as well as apply for a master's program just to be safe.