Do I fit into OHSU's mission groups?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Whatwethinkwebecome

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am new to SDN.

I will be applying to OHSU this coming cycle and am curious whether or not I fit into a mission group.

I am married and my husband is in the military, so we are not currently living in Oregon. We both have drivers licenses in OR, vote in OR, file taxes in OR, own vehicles in OR. My husband was born in OR, lived there all of his life prior to joining the military. He graduated high school and college in OR. I have never officially lived in OR. My GPA is just under 3.7 and I have not taken my MCAT (practice tests give me hope for 510+).

Would I be considered OR heritage?

What qualifies "persons from all socioeconomic, racial, ethnic, religious, and educational backgrounds and from persons from groups underrepresented in medicine." as mentioned on OHSU's website?
 
If you get a high enough MCAT you could sneak into their high stats mission group—good luck (this is sincere by the way, kill the MCAT and go for their high stats group!!)! Otherwise doesn’t look like it because you won’t qualify as a current resident and Oregon heritage only applies if you yourself did high school there.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You would most likely not be considered OR heritage 🙁
However, I would recommend speaking to an admissions representative. They are super helpful especially with all fo the confusing language included in those mission groups.