Do I have a chance at Harvard Medical School...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMO

Diving Medical Officer
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and a 50 on the MCAT. I went to school at Harvard and quardupled majored in Chemistry, Physics, World History, and Spanish. I've been published 70 times for my works on cancer. In fact, I have a cancer drug being tested by the FDA currently. I volunteer at the local Rescue Mission, Women's Abuse Shelter, and I help tutor kids after school. I'm an EMT and work as a Paramedic. I was nominated for a Nobel Peace prize for my work with mediating an accord between the Eskimo's and Exxon-Mobile. I'm also the captain of Harvard's table tennis team. I brought them to state. Me, me, me. I win, you lose. muahahahaha.

(clears throat) um...do i have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

How many times must everyone say that Medical School is a crapshoot? So you will definitely get into every school you apply to. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You will also get accepted at schools that only exist in an alternate timeline.

This type of thread gets overkilled every application cycle since the inception of sdn. It was funny... about six years back.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry man, harvard's cutoff is a 6.25 GPA. Perhaps you need to take some additional classes to raise it up a little bit. Other than that, you're average ECS and MCAT score will make you marginally competitive. Definately apply to some backups (maybe carribean?). You know, just is case your application is lost in the thousands just like it that apply to harvard.

DMO said:
I have a 6.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and a 50 on the MCAT. I went to school at Harvard and quardupled majored in Chemistry, Physics, World History, and Spanish. I've been published 70 times for my works on cancer. In fact, I have a cancer drug being tested by the FDA currently. I volunteer at the local Rescue Mission, Women's Abuse Shelter, and I help tutor kids after school. I'm an EMT and work as a Paramedic. I was nominated for a Nobel Peace prize for my work with mediating an accord between the Eskimo's and Exxon-Mobile. I'm also the captain of Harvard's table tennis team. I brought them to state. Me, me, me. I win, you lose. muahahahaha.

Well dude your stats are on the lower side. Not only that to be a doctor you need to have complete knowledge of organometallic chemistry, rocket science!
Start reading :smuggrin:

DMO said:

Sorry, no chance.

But you may be competitive in the West Indies. They have an EDP for Nobel laureates, as Mother Teresa might attest.

No chance, whatsoever. Better start studying for the August MCAT ...

DMO said:

You are a jerk and that will come across in the interview so you probably won't get in. :laugh: :smuggrin:

With your credentials you will probably be wait-listed at Harvard. :thumbup:

rockit said:
Kids, don't make this kind of mistake. +pissed+
are u implying he is to blame for high gas prices?

DMO said:

Sure - 100% guaranteed way to get into HMS.

Donate your body to their cadaver program.

If you have a cancer drug in testing with the FDA, you may be able to buy it in a few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
DMO said:
I was nominated for a Nobel Peace prize for my work with mediating an accord between the Eskimo's and Exxon-Mobile.

LMFAO!!!! "JUST" nominated? I'm sorry buddy, that's not gonna cut it. You need to have AT LEAST one Nobel Peace Prize under your belt before you can even be considered at Hah-vahd. Next time, get some tips from Carter :D

TheFlash said:
This type of thread gets overkilled every application cycle since the inception of sdn. It was funny... about six years back.

it was?

I do not want to sound naive, but isn't 4.0 the highest possible GPA. I know a 50 in the MCAT is possible because my fried got it, but a 6.0 come on!!!

skypilot said:
You are a jerk and that will come across in the interview so you probably won't get in. :laugh: :smuggrin:

Most likely the OP isn't a jerk and is actually quite laid back with a sense of humor. It was satire to make fun of the true jerks, those that start threads like this and are being serious.

Of course it just dawned on me that you weren't being serious either :D :D

paranitroxide said:
I do not want to sound naive, but isn't 4.0 the highest possible GPA. I know a 50 in the MCAT is possible because my fried got it, but a 6.0 come on!!!
Good one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You might, but it will be a long shot. You should definitely consider the DO route.

The question is not do you have a chance at Harvard Medical school, but why anyone would want to go to that anti american communist school.

DMO said:

What about AIDS?

If you are hispainic too, you are a shoe In!!!!!!! :D

Risky. Go for your state school. :cool:

DO route? are you joking? We have higher standards than that
Jeez
premeds

Thank you! Posts like this raise my self-esteem. I am way more qualified than you. If you have a chance at HMS, then I will definitely be accepted. See you on the trail, sucka!

TheFlash said:

Dude, you must be wicked old.

It has come to my attention that my pre-med profile is much too weak. With this in mind, I have decided to beef up my EC's and get 4 more degrees. Within this past month, I have found a critical protein that regulates the growth of cancer and have found a new, natural chemical that inhibits the reproduction of HIV. Also, I have gotten degrees in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Psychology, and Business. I've also made my professors re-write my LOR's at gun point in order to "ensure" that I will make it. I have even taken the painstaking steps of re-enacting my facial and bodily expressions when I receive my Harvard acceptance letters. Back off! All of you! You're just jealous! Well guess what! I'm smarter than you, all of you! My daddy and mommy were doctors therefore I have every right to be a doctor.....(starts to cry).......I must please mommy and daddy. I must resist temptation to....(opens a bottle of Pre-MedAde)....there, temptation gone. hahahahahahaha, watch out! I'm coming to get ya.

Doctor John (formerly known as Dwade Hukkah....changed my name to that)

That's nothing. I slept with every female adcom at HMS and play golf regularly with every male adcom.

paranitroxide said:

You?re joking, aren?t you?

DMO said:

I don't think you have a chance. Maybe medicine is not for you.

TheFlash said:

A lot of us haven't been reading the SDN posts for 6 application cycles. So it's funny to us now.

and to add to the above poster...how empty is your life if you have been participating in these forums for six years now? what do you do when you are not here, play in the AOL chat rooms?

ankitovich said:
If you have a cancer drug in testing with the FDA, you may be able to buy it in a few years.
:laugh:

Table tennis bit was hilarious!

The podiatry forum needs more humor like this.....

I didn't see an Olympic gold medal in there... table tennis just doesn't cut it anymore. :)