Do I have a chance w/ these stats??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFeelGood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey People, what's up? OKay, I just took the April MCAT, and I don't believe I did too good. But I am 21, and have a 3.7 g.p.a. (overall) and a 3.5 g.p.a. (science). I can speak 4 languages fluently, I am a member of the National Honor's Society, and have 3 yrs of volunteer work in the ER. I have a number of hours of community service at church. I am graduating with a B.S. in Biolgy in May of 2001. Do i stand a chance? I can get good letters of Rec.'s. I'm aplying strictly to DO schools across the country. I have no DO exposure, rather then having a DO physicain all my life. What can I go to enhance my application????? Please reply back! THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

No must be joking, right? As long as you didn't bomb the MCAT (all 6's or less), you'll be set. Revisit this topic in mid-late June when you get your scores.

Sorry, you need 5 languages and AT LEAST a 3.85 to even get your app looked at. Maybe you should have studied a little more, slackerboy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest using spell check on your personal statement!
eek.gif

"...and don't believe I did too well." Make sure you don't speak like that at the interview.

DFG,
you'll probably have to get at LEAST a 40 MCAT, a letter of recommendation from the chair of surgery at Bethesda and donate enough money for the new cancer research wing at your school of choice...

just kidding!! if you are sincere and worried, worry no more: you are a very competitive applicant and everyone stresses over the mcat.

but if you are just spouting your stats to be cynical and derisive towards other premeds,...? hmm?

congrats seizure, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who saw through this fraud