1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Do I have a chance w/ these stats??????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DoctorFeelGood, May 8, 2000.

1. DoctorFeelGood

DoctorFeelGood Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey People, what's up? OKay, I just took the April MCAT, and I don't believe I did too good. But I am 21, and have a 3.7 g.p.a. (overall) and a 3.5 g.p.a. (science). I can speak 4 languages fluently, I am a member of the National Honor's Society, and have 3 yrs of volunteer work in the ER. I have a number of hours of community service at church. I am graduating with a B.S. in Biolgy in May of 2001. Do i stand a chance? I can get good letters of Rec.'s. I'm aplying strictly to DO schools across the country. I have no DO exposure, rather then having a DO physicain all my life. What can I go to enhance my application????? Please reply back! THANKS!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

No must be joking, right? As long as you didn't bomb the MCAT (all 6's or less), you'll be set. Revisit this topic in mid-late June when you get your scores.

4. reed0104

reed0104 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sorry, you need 5 languages and AT LEAST a 3.85 to even get your app looked at. Maybe you should have studied a little more, slackerboy.

5. seizure

seizure Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I suggest using spell check on your personal statement! [​IMG]

6. rowerman

rowerman Member
    10+ Year Member

"...and don't believe I did too well." Make sure you don't speak like that at the interview.

7. adismo

adismo covered in moon dust
    10+ Year Member

DFG,
    you'll probably have to get at LEAST a 40 MCAT, a letter of recommendation from the chair of surgery at Bethesda and donate enough money for the new cancer research wing at your school of choice...

just kidding!! if you are sincere and worried, worry no more: you are a very competitive applicant and everyone stresses over the mcat.

but if you are just spouting your stats to be cynical and derisive towards other premeds,...? hmm?

8. HOLDEN

HOLDEN Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

congrats seizure, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who saw through this fraud