Too late to apply with these stats? *canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulmed97

Reaction score
Hey guys I posted this already in WAMC but what do you think about applying with these stats right now? Is it too late? Should I just apply next year? Keep in mind I just wrote the mcat again so my app wouldn’t even be complete for at least a month

Here are my stats/activities:

-26 yo female
-Lesbian
-Middle Eastern Arab
-Rural my entire life until couple years ago (pop <1000 ppl)

STATS:
MCAT: 500 (2020) -> 507 (2022) -> ?? wrote on sept 2, 2023 so still waiting
uGPA (biochem): 3.06 upward trend
M.Sc GPA (organic chem): 4.0
***I'm Canadian***

-1 pub from Msc

WORK/ACTIVITIES:
-68 hours - mutual aid community assistance (cooking meals with my friends and then splitting up to deliver them around the city)
-140 hours: Research assistant, analytical chemistry and a collaboration project with the history department at my school (140 hours)
-30 hours: Undergrad chemistry club at my University (30 hours worth of "volunteering" like manning the bake sale stand, etc)
-Science rendezvous, which is a science outreach program (3 years in a row)
-30 hrs cut short due to covid as a science gallery volunteer at museum
-8 posters, 4 conferences attended
-900 hours Lab instructor and lectured a course (intro bio, intro chem, biochem)
-700 hours: Hockey
-100 hours: Volunteering at a health centre with residents that have dementia, Alzheimer's
-600 hours - doctors assistant at ophthalmologist clinic and just got promoted to head surgical coordinator.
-PROJECTED 2500-ish hours as a head surgical coordinator (brings me to June 2024)

Great references from 2 amazing eye surgeons I work with, my research supervisor (who is the dean of science), chemistry department head from my undergrad and msc, as well as 2 profs who have taught me and who i worked alongside with while teaching.
TOTAL: 6 possible references

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try these DO schools as a Canadian applicant:
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
MSUCOM
MU-COM
NSU-KPCOM
Touro-NY
UNECOM
WCU-COM
WESTERN
Also check with the new schools to see if they are accepting applications from Canadians-
Touro-Montana,
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
OCOM
DUQCOM
BUCOM

You could try these DO schools as a Canadian applicant:
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
MSUCOM
MU-COM
NSU-KPCOM
Touro-NY
UNECOM
WCU-COM
WESTERN
Also check with the new schools to see if they are accepting applications from Canadians-
Touro-Montana,
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
OCOM
DUQCOM
BUCOM
Wow! Thanks for the list. :)

Reactions: 1 user