do i have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yetmf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I have a chance in optometry for 2009.
I have written my OAT in september and here's waht I got.

AA: 330
TS: 350
but low score from RC of 280.

and my gpa is aroudn 3.3

I have been trouble getting reference letters from optometrist, and profs.
I have strong extracurricular activities throughout my highschool and university, but I don't know who to ask for my recommenation letters.
I am not in the faculty of science so i haven' been in contact with many natural sciences profs... and they dont' really know me either.
Do you know if it's okay to go to profs that I had classes with and ask them for letters?
Did anyone have similar experiences like me??

and it's already october, and isn't it getting late to apply??
Please help me if you can....
thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should definitely apply...your OAT TS is above average and your GPA is decent too. I think you have a good chance if you apply sometime soon. As for the rec. letters, you'd be surprised because eventhough you may think the professor doesn't know you, they might still be willing to write you a letter if you ask...bottom line, it doesn't hurt to ask...see what their reaction is...if they are unsure, they will tell you. They want you to succeed or get accepted. Start shadowing so you can get an optometrist's letter as well...also, I had a TA write a letter because she knew me better and then just asked the professor to co-sign it. Hope this helps! good luck!