Do I have any chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOGREEN4250

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you planning to apply this year? If so, I would suggest waiting to apply until next year. That way you could (hopefully) get your GPA up higher, and beef up your clinical volunteering, shadow a Doc in primary care, and (depending on exactly what that philanthropy is) get some non-clinical volunteering.

Last edited:
I was planning on applying this year. Would it be detrimental to me if I did that? @Toutie

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, as your stated, your stats are not near impressive. Honestly the best thing you have going for you is your MCAT. You might be able to get a bite from a DO school, but I wouldn't count on it...especially since you want to limit your geographic area. Using the next year to beef them up would certainly help.

Reactions: 1 user
You would be better off to work on increasing your GPA in the coming year by taking additional courses and then apply in June 2018. If you increase your GPA to 3.4 then you would be competitive for all DO schools and would even have a chance at Michigan MD schools such as Central Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont and perhaps Wayne State.

Reactions: 1 user