Do I have any shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efost7873

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dropped out of HS halfway through my senior year, got my GED, then went straight to 4 year university for mechanical engineering (looking back I have no idea why). I did horrible and wasn't smart enough at the time to officially withdraw (lots of F's on my transcript). Then I went to a community college, did well for a while, and let life get me off track. Now, I'm back at a 4 year university and from there I'll graduate with a 4.0 from that school. However, because of my mistakes right from the beginning, I'm still looking at a 3.32 - 3.36 GPA overall. I have EC's and have been doing nothing but building up my application as much as possible. If the GPA is the only negative and I score well on the MCAT, can I still get in to a M.D. program?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, depending on your MCAT score. If you score 500 or higher you could receive interviews at some DO schools. Where is your state of residence?

You would have a chance for interviews at U Illinois, Carle, Rush, Rosalind Franklin and Loyola with a MCAT of at least 508. post your MCAT score here when available in the future.