Do I have to wear shoes during the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I have done all of my MCAT studying for the last 3-5 months with no shoes on. When I have to sit and focus on something for longer than an hour, I start to become aware of the feeling of my shoes on my feet and that is a huge distraction to me so I just take my shoes off while studying...

For the real MCAT, can I wear flip-flops (socks as well?) that I just slip on during breaks and off when I am sitting for the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t believe this is any problem to wear what shoes you want and slide them on or off your feet unless you’ve got crib sheets written on your flip flops and/or are looking down at them while testing. The only thing that happens in testing centers is you have to pull up your pants legs to show there’s no contraband underneath.

I don’t believe this is any problem to wear what shoes you want and slide them on or off your feet unless you’ve got crib sheets written on your flip flops and/or are looking down at them while testing. The only thing that happens in testing centers is you have to pull up your pants legs to show there’s no contraband underneath.
Do you really have to do that? That’s wicked.

I guess I have a professor who doesn’t allow baseball caps during tests because someone wrote on the underside of the bill...anything is possible.

Also, righteous, thank you!

Yup. Fingerprint scan in and out and checking under the pants legs/metal detector wand/pocket patdown on every return from the toilet. People are devious beyond my powers to imagine, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. Fingerprint scan in and out and checking under the pants legs/metal detector wand/pocket patdown on every return from the toilet. People are devious beyond my powers to imagine, I guess.
Little did they know, the way most of us cheat is by storing all of the information we need to know our minds.

Reactions: 1 users
When I took it I wore a figs vest (cold but not hot, you feel me?), and imagine to my surprise when I left for breaks, etc. Every single pocket. So much so that the proctor was amused and said, "if you come out, you may want to leave that in there".

To anyone else, I am reading the MCAT essentials right now because my test is tomorrow....Apparently, there is actually a line in there saying you cannot take off you shoes....

Wow. I don't see why taking off one's shoes should be an issue. What about if you go in the testing center with slippers or sandals?
They say “may not take off shoes or sandals” but I am going in sandals anyway. If the tell me to slip them back on I will. This is a minor thing I feel I can play the ‘plausible deniability’ card with that one.

To anyone else, I am reading the MCAT essentials right now because my test is tomorrow....Apparently, there is actually a line in there saying you cannot take off you shoes....
Shoes or no shoes... best of luck! Go crush it!!