Do I need to include my spring semester classes in app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brood910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to send my transcript without the grades for spring semester.
Do I still need to put the spring semester classes in the AMCAS app?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the June MCAT, so I didn't send in my transcripts out to AMCAS/AACOMAS till July. Personally I did include my Spring semester grades as they were already released at that time. I'm not sure what the protocol is if you're applying very early. Call AMCAS.

I am planning to send my transcript without the grades for spring semester.
Do I still need to put the spring semester classes in the AMCAS app?

First of all, why did you double post?

Second of all, it depends. If you get your grades in time and are able to send your transcripts (and have it marked as complete) into AMCAS by June 1, then by all means wait. But if not, it's advantageous for you to just send the transcripts without the spring grades. The timing of your primary is important. Be the first to submit your primary to AMCAS and you'll be able to get the completed/verified status on your primary faster. This leads to faster turn-around for receiving a secondary. Either way you'd end up updating your grades when you send in your secondary, so, again, it's up to you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Second of all, it depends. If you get your grades in time and are able to send your transcripts (and have it marked as complete) into AMCAS by June 1, then by all means wait. But if not, it's advantageous for you to just send the transcripts without the spring grades. The timing of your primary is important. Be the first to submit your primary to AMCAS and you'll be able to get the completed/verified status on your primary faster. This leads to faster turn-around for receiving a secondary. Either way you'd end up updating your grades when you send in your secondary, so, again, it's up to you.

Solid advice :thumbup:

Read my question again please.
I am not asking if I should send my transcript with the spring semester grades or not.
I am asking whether I should include the courses in the APPLICATION.

When I send secondaries, do I send the newer transcript to AMCAS again or to individual schools?

The application can't be submitted until June 1st. When does your semester end? Around here semesters end in April, finals end in early May, and by May 17th, we know all of our grades.

It seems odd to me that this is even a question since you should know your grades by the time you can submit.

Read my question again please.
I am not asking if I should send my transcript with the spring semester grades or not.
I am asking whether I should include the courses in the APPLICATION.

When I send secondaries, do I send the newer transcript to AMCAS again or to individual schools?

Instead of starting a new thread, you could have continued asking in your last one.

You put them as current/future classes. You cannot send the new transcript to AMCAS once you have already been verified, they will not take the time to recalculate your GPA. You can probably send them to individual schools, but if your school releases transcripts on May 17, there's no reason why you should not include your spring grades on your AMCAS and submit that transcript before verification. Schools might ask you to submit your spring grades anyway before evaluating you for an interview.