Do I Need to Take Biochemistry Again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darkleopard4444

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I am in Western Governors University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prelicensure Program. I love it, but I don't know what or if I want to pursue a different career later on. I took an online 3 credit Biochemistry class with no lab at WGU as a part of my BSN Prelicensure Program. At WGU, they award grades based on a Pass/Fail grading system. A pass is equivalent to a B or 3.0. Would medical schools that require a Biochemistry class, but don't require a lab or don't care if it is taken online accept my Biochemistry class? Or would I need to take it again at a physical campus? Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.

Darkleopard4444

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone:

I am in Western Governors University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prelicensure Program. I love it, but I don't know what or if I want to pursue a different career later on. I took an online 3 credit Biochemistry class with no lab at WGU as a part of my BSN Prelicensure Program. At WGU, they award grades based on a Pass/Fail grading system. A pass is equivalent to a B or 3.0. Would medical schools that require a Biochemistry class, but don't require a lab or don't care if it is taken online accept my Biochemistry class? Or would I need to take it again at a physical campus? Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.

Darkleopard4444
Pass/fail classes are typically not accepted for preqreq

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone:

Darkleopard4444
Many med schools do not allow online courses or P/F to count toward pre-reqs. Cheers!

Reactions: 1 users
Will definitely have to retake. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 user