Do I Need to Take Biochemistry Again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Darkleopard4444

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone:

I am in Western Governors University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prelicensure Program. I love it, but I don't know what or if I want to pursue a different career later on. I took an online 3 credit Biochemistry class with no lab at WGU as a part of my BSN Prelicensure Program. At WGU, they award grades based on a Pass/Fail grading system. A pass is equivalent to a B or 3.0. Would medical schools that require a Biochemistry class, but don't require a lab or don't care if it is taken online accept my Biochemistry class? Or would I need to take it again at a physical campus? Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.

Darkleopard4444
 
Last edited:
Hi Everyone:

I am in Western Governors University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prelicensure Program. I love it, but I don't know what or if I want to pursue a different career later on. I took an online 3 credit Biochemistry class with no lab at WGU as a part of my BSN Prelicensure Program. At WGU, they award grades based on a Pass/Fail grading system. A pass is equivalent to a B or 3.0. Would medical schools that require a Biochemistry class, but don't require a lab or don't care if it is taken online accept my Biochemistry class? Or would I need to take it again at a physical campus? Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.

Darkleopard4444
Pass/fail classes are typically not accepted for preqreq
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone:

I am in Western Governors University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prelicensure Program. I love it, but I don't know what or if I want to pursue a different career later on. I took an online 3 credit Biochemistry class with no lab at WGU as a part of my BSN Prelicensure Program. At WGU, they award grades based on a Pass/Fail grading system. A pass is equivalent to a B or 3.0. Would medical schools that require a Biochemistry class, but don't require a lab or don't care if it is taken online accept my Biochemistry class? Or would I need to take it again at a physical campus? Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.

Darkleopard4444
Many med schools do not allow online courses or P/F to count toward pre-reqs. Cheers!