Do i pick what classes furfill my english requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rhinex60

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I am inputting my grades for AMCAS, do i get to chose what English courses I want to use? Say I took 4 English classes, can I pick the the two with the higher grades? Also, what counts as an "English class" that would furfill the 1 year requirement

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

When I am inputting my grades for AMCAS, do i get to chose what English courses I want to use? Say I took 4 English classes, can I pick the the two with the higher grades? Also, what counts as an "English class" that would furfill the 1 year requirement

Thanks for the help.

If you use that kind of language, they will think that you've skipped out on English class...since high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've sort of been wondering about this myself. Specifically, what classes count as "english"? Only classes offered by an English department? Or can I sub in the "Spanish literature in English" class I took that was offered by the Spanish department but was structured, taught, and graded like my other English classes..

I've sort of been wondering about this myself. Specifically, what classes count as "english"? Only classes offered by an English department? Or can I sub in the "Spanish literature in English" class I took that was offered by the Spanish department but was structured, taught, and graded like my other English classes..

You'll probably be okay most places with that. I had a class through the gender studies department that looked at feminist authors and literature over three decades, and I didn't have a problem with that. By 'English class', they usually mean something literature-intensive where you are graded on papers you write (in English, natch).