SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Do i still have a chance to get into Pharm school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Pharm2012, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Pharm2012

Pharm2012 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Hi, i am currently taking over some of my classes that i did so poorly at anotehr university. I got F in chem. 1 and chem 2 when i took it at another university. I know that it will effect my GPA alot, but do i still have a chance to get into pharmacy schoool? If i can get all A's in those previous classes that i did so poorly? Yes this is one of my most concern.. Please help me!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cystapharm

cystapharm 5+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    do you have a good explanation for the F's in both of the chemistries? I think it doesn't matter if you get F's as long as you keep your GPA within acceptable range of at least 3.0. I mean emergencies can happen to people so as long as the F's don't represent your true capability then just retake those courses and get better grades. I got Ds and Cs in g chemistries too so I have to retake them!

4. Farmercyst

Farmercyst On with the Poodles already Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I answered your other post in the other thread. Please try not to double post.

5. if u only got an F in chem, just retake it and try for the best

6. PrePharm1980

PrePharm1980 2+ Year Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Yes. Just show a lot of cleavage during the interview.

7. meerap

meerap

Mar 12, 2007
    I have the same problem. I got a C in orgo 1 and will probably get a F in orgo 2. I am reaaaallly worried about whether schools will make a big deal about this. My science gpa sucks also... about a 3.3.

8. pharmkeener

pharmkeener

Mar 25, 2007
    I did pretty ok in my undergrad (3.8 GPA). However, my graduate school turn out to be a nightmare. I did get an F in organometallic course. Do you guys know if pharmacy would count the F grade in grad school at all?
    Thanks very much for feedback.

9. Familyties

Familyties Banned Banned

Jan 4, 2007
    most likely not dont worry about it.

10. Jackanese

Jackanese New Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2006
    You guys don't have to worry, one or two Fs won't matter. I had an F in microbio, which was a prereq, retook it and got a B-. I still got into a pretty competitive pharm school. As long as you don't consistently get Fs and retaking it for a better grade.

11. Pharm2012

Pharm2012 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Thx guys.. u make me feel much better. <3