Do i still have a chance to get into Pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am currently taking over some of my classes that i did so poorly at anotehr university. I got F in chem. 1 and chem 2 when i took it at another university. I know that it will effect my GPA alot, but do i still have a chance to get into pharmacy schoool? If i can get all A's in those previous classes that i did so poorly? Yes this is one of my most concern.. Please help me!!
user_online.gif

Members don't see this ad.

do you have a good explanation for the F's in both of the chemistries? I think it doesn't matter if you get F's as long as you keep your GPA within acceptable range of at least 3.0. I mean emergencies can happen to people so as long as the F's don't represent your true capability then just retake those courses and get better grades. I got Ds and Cs in g chemistries too so I have to retake them!

Hi, i am currently taking over some of my classes that i did so poorly at anotehr university. I got F in chem. 1 and chem 2 when i took it at another university. I know that it will effect my GPA alot, but do i still have a chance to get into pharmacy schoool? If i can get all A's in those previous classes that i did so poorly? Yes this is one of my most concern.. Please help me!!

I answered your other post in the other thread. Please try not to double post.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same problem. I got a C in orgo 1 and will probably get a F in orgo 2. I am reaaaallly worried about whether schools will make a big deal about this. My science gpa sucks also... about a 3.3.

I did pretty ok in my undergrad (3.8 GPA). However, my graduate school turn out to be a nightmare. I did get an F in organometallic course. Do you guys know if pharmacy would count the F grade in grad school at all?
Thanks very much for feedback.

I did pretty ok in my undergrad (3.8 GPA). However, my graduate school turn out to be a nightmare. I did get an F in organometallic course. Do you guys know if pharmacy would count the F grade in grad school at all?
Thanks very much for feedback.

most likely not dont worry about it.

You guys don't have to worry, one or two Fs won't matter. I had an F in microbio, which was a prereq, retook it and got a B-. I still got into a pretty competitive pharm school. As long as you don't consistently get Fs and retaking it for a better grade.

Thx guys.. u make me feel much better. <3