Do kinesiology courses count toward your AMCAS/AAMC gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawasm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering taking a kinesiology course, but I'm not sure whether it'll count toward my recalculated gpa.
It's through the college of health professions, but it requires you to have taken at least Anatomy I. It's name is KNESxxx or whatever.

Does this count as a science class?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm considering taking a kinesiology course, but I'm not sure whether it'll count toward my recalculated gpa.
It's through the college of health professions, but it requires you to have taken at least Anatomy I. It's name is KNESxxx or whatever.

Does this count as a science class?

Thanks!
I think it would go under "Health Sciences" for AMCAS, which wouldn't put it in your BCPM GPA for AMCAS. However, if you felt that over 50% of the class was biology, chemistry, physics, or math, you could try to pass it off as one of those subjects and leave it up to the reviewer to change it

The course is going to be on your AMCAS GPA no matter what (unless the grading is pass/fail), so your thread title is a little misleading

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS balked at my plant science course being BCPM, so I kinda doubt that kinesiology will fly. But best of luck to you in getting it to count.