DO Match List Thread 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who would win in a fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking over the KCU graduation match list def some more matches on there that aren't on here. All unorganized tho.

Some raw numbers: 271 total
21 EM
20 Anesthesiology
18 Psychiatry
17 Gen Surg (categorical)
14 Ob/Gyn
10 Rads
4 Ortho
2 Ophtho
1 Uro
1 Otolaryngology
1 Interventional Rads
1 Derm

Thats 14.4% of the class going into some sort of surgery specialty. 46.5% going into either FM/IM/Peds.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone have Touro Harlem's match list, as well as William Carey?

They probably did auditions there or had connections.

people need to stop with this ****. They were probably just great people and applicants. I interviewed In Boston for a surgical sub specialty and I didn’t even know where Massachusetts was in a map besides that it had an elephant trunk. No connections, no audition.

Being a good applicant won’t open every door, but some will and some people will choose to walk through them. Most the time these people don’t have connections in my experience. Especially DOs

• Dislike
Reactions: 24 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saw the news that ERAS is getting pushed back and that auditions may be cancelled. I will do a write up later of my experience applying to MD programs including my stats, number applied to, number of interviews, etc. to try and give some idea of what to expect just applying blind to MD programs. Class of 2021 I feel bad for yall being on shaky water.

Reactions: 17 users
I know at least one of the Uchicago matches is northshore. I strongly suspect both are.

also, the list doesn’t include it, but one of those TYs is Interventional Radiology at Mather hospital.

Reactions: 1 user
people need to stop with this ****. They were probably just great people and applicants. I interviewed In Boston for a surgical sub specialty and I didn’t even know where Massachusetts was in a map besides that it had an elephant trunk. No connections, no audition.

Being a good applicant won’t open every door, but some will and some people will choose to walk through them. Most the time these people don’t have connections in my experience. Especially DOs
To add to that: It doesn't even make sense. Doing an audition and matching means you took a risk/stuck your neck out and fortunately it paid off.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have access to the completed Match List for LECOM Erie?

Last edited:
Someone really matched UChicago for internal medicine? Or is this NorthShore?

Both are Northshore. The Baylor one is real though, and as Peach said there was an IR match that for some reason isn't listed.

Last edited:
Can we compile a list of programs/specialties that have previously not accepted DOs but now has accepted at least 1 DO for their incoming intern class?

I know the merger might not be the cause, but gives additional hopes.

Can we compile a list of programs/specialties that have previously not accepted DOs but now has accepted at least 1 DO for their incoming intern class?

I can't imagine how stressful it must be for those pioneering DOs. They are basically representing the entire DO pedigree on their shoulders, every achievement/mistake they make will consequently affect the chances of the next DO class at matching at those programs.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Updated NSUCOM list

Anesthesiology(12)
University of Florida – Jacksonville
University of Florida - Gainesville
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial
University of Massachusetts
University of Texas - Houston
UMMS- Baystate
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Kendall Regional
Ocala Regional Medical Center

Dermatology(2)
Larkin
Beaumont Treton

Diagnostic Radiology(8)
University of South Florida
Mayo Clinic - Florida
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Aventura Hospital
Cooper
Medical College of Georgia
Hartford Hospital
Sunrise Health GME

Emergency Medicine(17)
John Hopkins
Penn State Hershey Medical Center
UCONN
Albany Medical Center
University of Illinois - Peoria
Inspira Health
Integris Medical Center
St. Barnabas Hospital
Florida Atlantic University
Mount Sinai Medical Center Miami Beach
Henry Ford Hospital (Main Campus/Detroit)
Kendall Regional
Morristown Medical Center
Cape Fear Valley
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan
Mercy Health - St. Rita's Medical Center

Family Medicine(19)
Stony Brook (Southampton)
AdventHealth East Orlando
Inspira Health Network (NJ)
University of Florida – Shands
University of Wisconsin / Aspirius Wausau
University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Hospital
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Beaumont Troy
HCA Oak Hill Hospital
Carle Foundation
Broward General
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital
LSU Health Shreveport
Palmetto General Hospital

General Surgery(4)
UT San Antonio
Beaumont Health (Trenton/Dearborn)
Hackensack Meridian Health Palisades Medical Center
East Florida GME (Westwide/Northwest)

Internal Medicine(33)
Desert Regional Medical Center
Largo Medical Center
Largo Medical Center
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
UCSF – Fresno
UCLA- Harbor
Northside Hospital Gwinnett
UCF – Osceola
Broward General
Geisinger Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Florida Atlantic Univeristy
Georgetown
Loma Linda
Cooper
Oschner Clinic
UCONN
UTMB
UTMB
Palmetto General
Palmetto General
Palmetto General
Carillion Clinic
Mount Sinai Medical Center
University of Miami- Holy Cross
Valley Hospital Medical Center
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center
Grand Strand Medical Center
Aventura Hospital
Hofstra zucker/Northwell – Lenox Hill Hospital
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Round Rock

OBGYN(8)
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Garden City Hospital
University of Pittsburgh – Pinnacle
Rowan SOM
University of Houston
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland

Ophthalmology(2)
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County

Ortho(6)
University of Colorado
Broward General
Broward General
Rowan University
Northwell Plainview

Neurology(3)
OHSU
UF Gainesville
MCW

Pathology(2)
Cornell
MUSC

Pediatrics(13)
University of Southern California
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
UF Gainesville
Broward General
Broward General

PM&R(7)
Sunrise Health
Schwab Rehab Hospital and Care Network/University of Chicago
UT San Antonio
Memorial Regional
Memorial Health University Medical Center

Psychiatry(9)
Palm beach consortium
University Hospital and Medical Center
UCF- Gainesville
UCF- Gainesville
Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
West Virginia University
Einstein Medical Center
Health One Colorado

Urology(1)
UT San Antonio

Vascular Surgery(1)
University of Arkansas

Reactions: 7 users

Maybe you are correct, but its interesting because your own thread shows you were beyond an exceptional candidate in almost every department. You had a ungodly number of publications in legitimate journals like JAMA. You did many audition rotations/networked and earned awesome LORs from respected physicians (small community). NRMP survey says you are above the USMLE cut off by which most programs won't give you an interview (both 2016 and 2018 reports, I didn't check further back but it is likely the same). Most of your interviews were from DO programs, not MD. I think you deserved more interviews than you got. You deserved better. I'm happy you ended up where you wanted to though. For a DO you did well, the median number of interviews given for MD's is 16 and for non-MD its 2.

Congratulations though.

Somewhat serious question though: How much adderall did you take? ;)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Publications: 32 (all during med school, all original research, no case reports)
Presentations: 30+
Letters: One from home PD, one from chair of top 5 MD ortho program, one from a attending at my home program, and one from my research mentor.
Leadership: Multiple national and school ortho leadership positions held.
Number of DO ortho auditions: 3 months
Number of MD ortho auditions: 1 month (mayo rochester)

Number of DO ortho programs applied to: ~30
Number of MD ortho programs applied to: ~140

Interviews:
Number of DO ortho interviews: 8 (6 attended)
Number of MD ortho interviews: 4 (Locations: Harvard/Mass Gen, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Univ. Buffalo, MSU Ascension

So, despite having (reportedly) killer letters, averaging almost 1 publication per month in medical school, excessive leadership etc. I only received 4 MD interview invites out of almost 150 applications. This to me honestly was slightly surprising, because I thought I would get a look from a few of the 6 year research programs (no offers from them).

However, most DO applicants I know with 240/250+ that applied to 100+ MD programs still only had 1-4 MD interviews so I basically got the same amount as them.

The DO that fared the best on the MD side that I know of did 6 MD auditions, had very high scores, met diversity inclusion, and got 4 non-rotator auditions from MD programs.
So basically, if you are a DO with a good app you will likely get 0-5 MD non-rotator interviews.

HOWEVER, my application is actually an amazing case study for the ceiling of DOs in ortho AFTER USMLE becomes pass fail. Once this metric is gone, I suspect DOs will fare worse on the MD side of things, and even with an extremely well rounded app they will probably only get around the same amount of interviews as me

Another important point is that this year DOs FLOCKED to programs that had taken DOs before. I know of AT LEAST 8 DOs that rotated at Mayo Rochester this year (nearly 15-20% of total rotators) and mayo usually takes mostly rotators and NONE of them matched at Mayo. The ones I personally know all put Mayo #1 besides me. So, if you are rotating MD, I would actually think outside the box and rotate somewhere without a DO so that you aren't competing in a flooded DO market. Also, in the upcoming COVID year I would suspect DOs will fare worse in the non-rotator aspect because MD programs will sending these interviews to MD applicants as their rotator pool will not be as robust. J

DO side commentary:
I was even more surprised at how much the DO programs cared about my letters and research than that the MD programs didn't seem to care about it at all. In the DO world, prior charting outcomes basically said 5 interviews was the magic number. So basically, if you go on all your 5-6 audition rotations do well and get interviews at all of them then your odds will be pretty good. I only did 3 months of DO auditions, because my last 2 gave me really good feedback and I just felt like my odds were good so I pulled back. I also, did not get an interview at one of the programs I rotated at. So 6 of the 8 DO interviews I got were non-rotator interviews. I did not expect this, and I did not think DO programs would care about research but they did, A LOT.

Another ace I had up my sleeve is that I went to didactics and fracture conference from my first semester of medical school until even this last semester at my home program. This was a huge advantage because I really didn't study a whole lot of "basic" ortho stuff throughout auditions and was able to focus more on the cases and such because I wasn't busy memorizing fracture classifications because I was pimped on them and committed them to memory as a first year.

Maybe you are correct, but its interesting because your own thread shows you were beyond an exceptional candidate in almost every department. You had a ungodly number of publications in legitimate journals like JAMA. You did many audition rotations/networked and earned awesome LORs from respected physicians (small community). NRMP survey says you are above the USMLE cut off by which most programs won't give you an interview (both 2016 and 2018 reports, I didn't check further back but it is likely the same). Most of your interviews were from DO programs, not MD. I think you deserved more interviews than you got. You deserved better. I'm happy you ended up where you wanted to though. For a DO you did well, the median number of interviews given for MD's is 16 and for non-MD its 2.

Congratulations though.

Publications: 32 (all during med school, all original research, no case reports)
Letters: One from home PD, one from chair of top 5 MD ortho program, one from a attending at my home program, and one from my research mentor.

Interviews:
Number of MD ortho interviews: 4 (Locations: Harvard/Mass Gen, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Univ. Buffalo, MSU Ascension

So, despite having (reportedly) killer letters, averaging almost 1 publication per month in medical school, excessive leadership etc. I only received 4 MD interview invites out of almost 150 applications. This to me honestly was slightly surprising, because I thought I would get a look from a few of the 6 year research programs (no offers from them).

However, most DO applicants I know with 240/250+ that applied to 100+ MD programs still only had 1-4 MD interviews so I basically got the same amount as them.

The DO that fared the best on the MD side that I know of did 6 MD auditions, had very high scores, met diversity inclusion, and got 4 non-rotator auditions from MD programs.
So basically, if you are a DO with a good app you will likely get 0-5 MD non-rotator interviews.

HOWEVER, my application is actually an amazing case study for the ceiling of DOs in ortho AFTER USMLE becomes pass fail. Once this metric is gone, I suspect DOs will fare worse on the MD side of things, and even with an extremely well rounded app they will probably only get around the same amount of interviews as me

Another important point is that this year DOs FLOCKED to programs that had taken DOs before. I know of AT LEAST 8 DOs that rotated at Mayo Rochester this year (nearly 15-20% of total rotators) and mayo usually takes mostly rotators and NONE of them matched at Mayo. The ones I personally know all put Mayo #1 besides me. So, if you are rotating MD, I would actually think outside the box and rotate somewhere without a DO so that you aren't competing in a flooded DO market. Also, in the upcoming COVID year I would suspect DOs will fare worse in the non-rotator aspect because MD programs will sending these interviews to MD applicants as their rotator pool will not be as robust. J

DO side commentary:
I was even more surprised at how much the DO programs cared about my letters and research than that the MD programs didn't seem to care about it at all. In the DO world, prior charting outcomes basically said 5 interviews was the magic number. So basically, if you go on all your 5-6 audition rotations do well and get interviews at all of them then your odds will be pretty good. I only did 3 months of DO auditions, because my last 2 gave me really good feedback and I just felt like my odds were good so I pulled back. I also, did not get an interview at one of the programs I rotated at. So 6 of the 8 DO interviews I got were non-rotator interviews. I did not expect this, and I did not think DO programs would care about research but they did, A LOT.

Another ace I had up my sleeve is that I went to didactics and fracture conference from my first semester of medical school until even this last semester at my home program. This was a huge advantage because I really didn't study a whole lot of "basic" ortho stuff throughout auditions and was able to focus more on the cases and such because I wasn't busy memorizing fracture classifications because I was pimped on them and committed them to memory as a first year.

I'm going to ask you again, although seeing as you are ignoring the question I doubt I'll get an answer, what is your point?

The point of that post was to show that no most of these great DO matches don't have any sort of connection and have simply built great applications. People throw out the vague, "probably had connections" comment out there at basically every great DO match when reality is that none of these applicants had the kinds of connections being insinuated. I don't consider doing a rotation at the Mayo Clinic and getting a letter from the rotation as a "connection." It's networking, and it's simply what smart applicants do.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm going to ask you again, although seeing as you are ignoring the question I doubt I'll get an answer, what is your point?

The point of that post was to show that no most of these great DO matches don't have any sort of connection and have simply built great applications. People throw out the vague, "probably had connections" comment out there at basically every great DO match when reality is that none of these applicants had the kinds of connections being insinuated. I don't consider doing a rotation at the Mayo Clinic and getting a letter from the rotation as a "connection." It's networking, and it's simply what smart applicants do.
Exactly this. Networking rules supreme in almost every aspect of life. Sure it ain't fair but you're doing yourself a disservice if you automatically assume "connections". Sure there are people who are friends with PDs but much more frequently are people who cold called and worked hard to put their face out there.

Side note: @AnatomyGrey12 can't believe were starting 4th year its been a hell of a ride haha wish the rollercoaster didn't blow up before we got to the final stop though

Reactions: 9 users

Congratulations though.

Interviews:

DO side commentary:

I don't get your point. I could have matched MD based on feedback from 2 of my MD interviews AFTER the match. Not due to anything other hard work. No connections. My parents are construction workers, we have no medical connections. You have no idea how hard it is to get DO ortho interview invites. I know plenty of people who killed it in medical school and only got 2-3 total. I feel grateful for the MD invites I got, and I received more than most people I know with much higher board scores than me. I didn't deserve more, and I would wager I got more than I deserved (I really only expected some love from the 6 year research spots). Not getting more is the price I paid for not being patient and getting a better MCAT score in undergrad so I could go to an MD school. Sucks to suck for me, but you won't find me feeling ungrateful about it. Ortho is a different animal, whether it is MD or DO. People matching great places did so by their own merit and networking. Its also important to understand by-and-large the people matching MD ortho that I know didn't have tons of MD interviews, they just happened to match at one of their few MD places they interviewed at. Its just how the game works.

Also, I have Tetralogy of Fallot. Can't take stimulants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Congratulations though.

Interviews:

DO side commentary:

Dude also had a sub-240 step 1. A DO with a sub-240 step 1.

it ain’t right, but in any surgical specialty, step score reigns supreme.

I think it’s a major confounding factor when trying to figure out why he didn’t have more interviews

playing devil’s advocate, isn’t it great that a DO with a sub-240 step 1 score got 12 ortho interviews?

Reactions: 9 users

I think it’s a major confounding factor when trying to figure out why he didn’t have more interviews

playing devil’s advocate, isn’t it great that a DO with a sub-240 step 1 score got 12 ortho interviews?

Exactly. People don't understand that because of my step score many programs auto-screened me and never even saw my research.

Reactions: 1 users
Updated NSUCOM list

Anesthesiology(12)
UMMS- Baystate
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Kendall Regional

Dermatology(2)
Larkin
Beaumont Treton

Diagnostic Radiology(8)
Mayo Clinic - Florida
Aventura Hospital
Cooper
Hartford Hospital
Sunrise Health GME

Emergency Medicine(17)
John Hopkins
UCONN
Albany Medical Center
Inspira Health
Integris Medical Center
St. Barnabas Hospital
Kendall Regional
Cape Fear Valley

Family Medicine(19)
Beaumont Troy
HCA Oak Hill Hospital
Carle Foundation
Broward General
LSU Health Shreveport

General Surgery(4)
UT San Antonio

Internal Medicine(33)
Largo Medical Center
Largo Medical Center
UCSF – Fresno
UCLA- Harbor
UCF – Osceola
Broward General
Geisinger Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Georgetown
Loma Linda
Cooper
Oschner Clinic
UCONN
UTMB
UTMB
Palmetto General
Palmetto General
Palmetto General
Carillion Clinic
Aventura Hospital

OBGYN(8)
Garden City Hospital
Rowan SOM
University of Houston
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland

Ophthalmology(2)

Ortho(6)
University of Colorado
Broward General
Broward General
Rowan University
Northwell Plainview

Neurology(3)
OHSU
UF Gainesville
MCW

Pathology(2)
Cornell
MUSC

Pediatrics(13)
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
UF Gainesville
Broward General
Broward General

PM&R(7)
Sunrise Health
UT San Antonio
Memorial Regional

Psychiatry(9)
Palm beach consortium
UCF- Gainesville
UCF- Gainesville
West Virginia University
Einstein Medical Center
Health One Colorado

Urology(1)
UT San Antonio

Vascular Surgery(1)
University of Arkansas

Is it just me or does NSUKPCOM match list look pretty good right now? :pompous:

Reactions: 3 users

As written in my original post, his USMLE is about 5 points above the threshold which PDs dont give out interviews for step 1 and about his step 2 is >10 above the median (2018). In 2016, his step 1 was about 7 points above and step 2 15 points above the threshold for the median (if we used the average it is even greater than those numbers).

SDN, as usual, thinks everyone needs a +250 on USMLE and bench to get any attention. His USMLE scores, in most cases, shouldn't have got him screened out according to NRMP.

As written in my original post, his USMLE is about 5 points above the threshold which PDs dont give out interviews for step 1 and about his step 2 is >10 above the median (2018). In 2016, his step 1 was about 7 points above and step 2 15 points above the threshold for the median (if we used the average it is even greater than those numbers).

SDN, as usual, thinks everyone needs a +250 on USMLE and bench to get any attention. His USMLE scores, in most cases, shouldn't have got him screened out according to NRMP.

Not trying to be a jerk but I truly have no idea what point it is that you're trying to make.

Reactions: 1 users

Lol you don't know what you're talking about. A massive amount of ortho programs screen at 240. There is also that pesky thing called the LCME filter, both filters would make it so a program never even saw his research.

Instead of posting random stats that you clearly don't understand, maybe you should tell us what the point is you are trying to make.

This is an important point -- if you're sole DO in your program, you have a lot of sway on how your institution views DO's, as they will see you and work with you over the course of your residency. Be the best ambassador you can be!

I was the only DO in my residency class, and the third DO I believe overall in the hx of residency program (there had been 1 per year for the past 2 yrs before I started I believe).

We were a small cohort, but a strong cohort, and since then there have been 3-4 per year, once the program had more experience first hand with DO's.

Reactions: 14 users
Lol you don't know what you're talking about. A massive amount of ortho programs screen at 240. There is also that pesky thing called the LCME filter, both filters would make it so a program never even saw his research.

Instead of posting random stats that you clearly don't understand, maybe you should tell us what the point is you are trying to make.
Can you provide proof of that? Every NRMP report disagrees with you. There probably a sizeable number that do filter at higher numbers but the published evidence disagrees with you.

I'm saying DNC deserved more attention and it had much less to do with filters than you assume. He/She was a very strong candidate but got looked over, probably from being a DO which isn't OK (but it's reality). If they were an MD, they'd of had many more interviews. DNC got into their desired program so it all worked out though.

Can you provide proof of that? Every NRMP report disagrees with you. There probably a sizeable number that do filter at higher numbers but the published evidence disagrees with you.

Yes I can, but I'm not going to go back through every residency website to compile the list of programs for you. Programs publish their cutoffs in many instances. A large number of ortho programs screen at 240. NRMP surveys rarely show a picture of reality because of how few responses they get, and who they get them from.

I'm saying DNC deserved more attention and it had much less to do with filters than you assume.

Yes they probably deserved more attention, but you do not understand just how filters are applied. The LCME filter is a well known filter used by many PD's in competitive specialties to get rid of DO's and IMG's.
He/She was a very strong candidate but got looked over, probably from being a DO which isn't OK (but it's reality).

Yes, likely secondary to the LCME filter. Your app can be perfect and programs will never see it. Same with score filters. Programs won't see your 40 pubs if your Step is even 1 point below the screening number they use. Filters are also very fluid. It's quite easy for them to filter for "only include DO's with 250+" for example.
If they were an MD, they'd of had many more interviews.

Yes
DNC got into their desired program so it all worked out though.

Yes

Again, I'm not sure what your point is. DO's have a harder time? Well duh, everyone here knows that.

Reactions: 6 users
Can you provide proof of that?

I honestly don’t know what’s going on right now... Maybe it’s just the stress of the current COVID environment (which is quite legitimate at this point) but I think it’s best you drop it.

For any MS0s joining the forum; when it comes to all things DO ortho, DNC, AG, TBD, and DH (few others) should be your go to for career counseling... I’m still completely confused on the back-and-forthseen above.

Updated NSUCOM list

Anesthesiology(12)
UMMS- Baystate
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Kendall Regional

Dermatology(2)
Larkin
Beaumont Treton

Diagnostic Radiology(8)
Mayo Clinic - Florida
Aventura Hospital
Cooper
Hartford Hospital
Sunrise Health GME

Emergency Medicine(17)
John Hopkins
UCONN
Albany Medical Center
Inspira Health
Integris Medical Center
St. Barnabas Hospital
Kendall Regional
Cape Fear Valley

Family Medicine(19)
Beaumont Troy
HCA Oak Hill Hospital
Carle Foundation
Broward General
LSU Health Shreveport

General Surgery(4)
UT San Antonio

Internal Medicine(33)
Largo Medical Center
Largo Medical Center
UCSF – Fresno
UCLA- Harbor
UCF – Osceola
Broward General
Geisinger Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Georgetown
Loma Linda
Cooper
Oschner Clinic
UCONN
UTMB
UTMB
Palmetto General
Palmetto General
Palmetto General
Carillion Clinic
Aventura Hospital

OBGYN(8)
Garden City Hospital
Rowan SOM
University of Houston
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland

Ophthalmology(2)

Ortho(6)
University of Colorado
Broward General
Broward General
Rowan University
Northwell Plainview

Neurology(3)
OHSU
UF Gainesville
MCW

Pathology(2)
Cornell
MUSC

Pediatrics(13)
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
Nicklaus Children's
UF Gainesville
Broward General
Broward General

PM&R(7)
Sunrise Health
UT San Antonio
Memorial Regional

Psychiatry(9)
Palm beach consortium
UCF- Gainesville
UCF- Gainesville
West Virginia University
Einstein Medical Center
Health One Colorado

Urology(1)
UT San Antonio

Vascular Surgery(1)
University of Arkansas

The past few years I'd been hearing NSU has been trending downwards (decreasing steps, etc), getting squeezed because of NSU MD opening, etc. I believe Goro was advising people to be wary of applying there. Does anyone have an update on how the school is these days? Thanks!

So from looking at NYIT-Jonesboro facebook page match day video, it seems like they match 95% (which is better than expected) of their inaugural class and 72% going primary care (36% of them FM). They also announced students matched Gas, Optho, Ortho, derm, IR, neurology, and a fair number EM.
UPDATE on NYITCOM-Jonesboro, AR
They graduated 97 students out of the ~123 (class size 115 but accept up to 123 I think) total that started the inaugural class (78.8% 4-year graduation rate).

Here is an incomplete match list for their inaugural class that I have manage to scrape off their Facebook page as they were posting them 1 by 1 today (graduation day). For some reason, they haven't posted the full match list on their school website. I will update if they post more matches.

Edit: I thought it was interesting that they haven't posted a single GS match yet since I've noticed many DO schools have had pretty long lists for GS.
The ones with * were military matches.

Family Medicine
Laredo Medical Center – Laredo, TX
*Naval Medical Center Camp LeJune – Jacksonville, NC
Bayfront Medical Center – St. Petersburg, FL
CoxHealth – Springfield, MO
Baptist Health/UAMS – North Little Rock, AR
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani – St. Petersburg, FL
University of Tennessee Health Science Center – Memphis, TN
Conway Regional Health System – Conway, AR
University of Tennessee Health Science Center – Jackson, TN (x 2)
KCU/St. Lukes Des Peres Hospital – St Louis, MO
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital – Park Ridge, IL

Internal Medicine
Advocate Lutheran General – Park Ridge, IL
NEA Baptist – Jonesboro, AR (x 2)
Franciscan Health – Olympia Fields, IL (x 2)
OK State University – Tulsa, OK
Spectrum Health/Michigan State University – Grand Rapids, MI
St. Bernards Medical Center – Jonesboro, AR
Swedish Covenant Hospital – Chicago, IL
Nassau University Medical Center – East Meadow, NY
University of Illinois – Chicago, IL
University of Texas HSC – Tyler, TX
*Naval Medical Center – Portsmouth, VA
Riverside Medical Center – Kankakee, IL
Wellington Regional Medical Center – Wellington, FL

Emergency Medicine
Integris Health – Oklahoma City, OK
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Philadelphia, PA
Spectrum Health – Lakeland, MI

OBGYN

Pediatrics
University of Oklahoma – Tulsa, OK
*Wright-Patterson Air Force base – Dayton, OH
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center – Baton Rouge, LA

Med/Peds

Anesthesiology
Icahn SOM St Lukes – Roosevelt, NY

Orthopedic Surgery

Ophthalmology
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia, PA

Interventional Radiology
Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
UPDATE on NYITCOM-Jonesboro, AR
They graduated 97 students out of the ~123 (class size 115 but accept up to 123 I think) total that started the inaugural class (78.8% 4-year graduation rate).

Here is an incomplete match list for their inaugural class that I have manage to scrape off their Facebook page as they were posting them 1 by 1 today (graduation day). For some reason, they haven't posted the full match list on their school website. I will update if they post more matches.

Edit: I thought it was interesting that they haven't posted a single GS match yet since I've noticed many DO schools have had pretty long lists for GS.
The ones with * were military matches.

Family Medicine
Laredo Medical Center – Laredo, TX
*Naval Medical Center Camp LeJune – Jacksonville, NC
Bayfront Medical Center – St. Petersburg, FL
CoxHealth – Springfield, MO
Baptist Health/UAMS – North Little Rock, AR
Conway Regional Health System – Conway, AR
University of Tennessee Health Science Center – Jackson, TN (x 2)
KCU/St. Lukes Des Peres Hospital – St Louis, MO
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital – Park Ridge, IL

Internal Medicine
NEA Baptist – Jonesboro, AR (x 2)
Franciscan Health – Olympia Fields, IL (x 2)
Spectrum Health/Michigan State University – Grand Rapids, MI
St. Bernards Medical Center – Jonesboro, AR
Swedish Covenant Hospital – Chicago, IL
Nassau University Medical Center – East Meadow, NY
University of Illinois – Chicago, IL
University of Texas HSC – Tyler, TX
*Naval Medical Center – Portsmouth, VA
Riverside Medical Center – Kankakee, IL
Wellington Regional Medical Center – Wellington, FL

Emergency Medicine
Integris Health – Oklahoma City, OK
Albert Einstein Medical Center – Philadelphia, PA
Spectrum Health – Lakeland, MI

OBGYN

Pediatrics
Oklahoma University – Tulsa, OK
*Wright-Patterson Air Force base – Dayton, OH
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center – Baton Rouge, LA

Med/Peds

Anesthesiology
Icahn SOM St Lukes – Roosevelt, NY

Orthopedic Surgery

Ophthalmology
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia, PA

Interventional Radiology
Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC

No psych matches? Boo

NSU has some great matches most years. Does anyone know about the match rate for the graduating class? I know the board pass rate has improved. Class of 2017 was a low point for Comlex 1 and they made some basic changes after that (having to pass a Comsae for one). And 2019 was the first year there weren’t many DO programs left and the school couldn’t finagle as many spots for those who failed to match and had to go in the soap... which all schools do btw and inflates their numbers. We have a Dartmouth grad who soaped into our intern year program at a community hospital! So anyway that was a low point for matches for NSU numbers wise but there were still some stellar matches. Always are. And those big wins are no thanks to the school. They give you basically no guidance and if anything work hard to throw obstacles in your way (two months of required rural rotations in the middle of audition season, not pushing Dept chairs to get rec letters done in time, crappy dean’s letters).

The best thing NSU has going for it - or HAD, don’t know if it changed - are its core sites for third year all over Florida and it’s reputation in the state. You will see multiple matches at the same hospital every year and that’s why (anesthesiology at Jackson, peds at Nicklaus, ortho/IM/FM/peds at Broward, FM/IM at Palmetto, IM/anesthesiology/fern/ortho at Largo, and various matches at UF, TGH and Mayo clinic in Fl).

The past few years I'd been hearing NSU has been trending downwards (decreasing steps, etc), getting squeezed because of NSU MD opening, etc. I believe Goro was advising people to be wary of applying there. Does anyone have an update on how the school is these days? Thanks!

NSU has some great matches most years. Does anyone know about the match rate for the graduating class? I know the board pass rate has improved. Class of 2017 was a low point for Comlex 1 and they made some basic changes after that (having to pass a Comsae for one). And 2019 was the first year there weren’t many DO programs left and the school couldn’t finagle as many spots for those who failed to match and had to go in the soap... which all schools do btw and inflates their numbers. We have a Dartmouth grad who soaped into our intern year program at a community hospital! So anyway that was a low point for matches for NSU numbers wise but there were still some stellar matches. Always are. And those big wins are no thanks to the school. They give you basically no guidance and if anything work hard to throw obstacles in your way (two months of required rural rotations in the middle of audition season, not pushing Dept chairs to get rec letters done in time, crappy dean’s letters).

The best thing NSU has going for it - or HAD, don’t know if it changed - are its core sites for third year all over Florida and it’s reputation in the state. You will see multiple matches at the same hospital every year and that’s why (anesthesiology at Jackson, peds at Nicklaus, ortho/IM/FM/peds at Broward, FM/IM at Palmetto, IM/anesthesiology/fern/ortho at Largo, and various matches at UF, TGH and Mayo clinic in Fl).
In an in-house email maybe a month ago, the dean said class of 2020 had 6 without residency placement, and specified 3 of those were “holding out for desired competitive specialty.”

WCUCOM 2020 Match List from Grad Ceremony

Anesthesiology
USF Morsani GME, Brooksville, FL
UT Houston, Houston, TX
Indiana University SOM, Indianapolis, IN

Internal Medicine
LSU Lafyette, Lafayette, LA x2
Detroit Medical Center/WSU, Detroit, MI
Baptist Memorial Hospital, Jonesboro, AR
LSU New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
HCA Houston Healthcare, Houston, TX x 3